Model Cars Magazine Forum

Most beautiful cars of all time

Took this photo at the M-B museum in Stuttgart and I think that this may be one of my favorite street/road cars of all time.

035.thumb.JPG.fbf206edccf5372ec248347e229f3797.JPG

For racing cars, I've always had a (not so) soft spot for Porsche enduro cars, such as the 917, 956, and 962s. This picture was taken on likely the same day, at the Porsche museum right across the street in Stuttgart

035.thumb.JPG.a030f13c849c9abe8eadfbac678359a5.JPG

Y'all are wet under the ears about this very objective and subjective topic. :P  Whenever big name manufacturers wanted something sexy, they hired Italians.  Pontiac blatantly stole the GTO label, just because Ferrari made it legendary.  Owners and fans have what amounts to orgies at events such as the Monterey Weekend, just the sounds of the engines are enough to imprint the desire to become very successful in ones life, and when we don't, we build models of said cars.  So when you start a topic with "beautiful", this is what I think of.

Lusso teal b.jpg

1963 Lambo 350 GTV.jpg

Ferrari-250GTO_29.jpg

There are lots of very beautiful cars showing up on this topic, and it is probably not entirely fair to say ' this is THE most beautiful car.... everyone has their own view of this subject. What is quite sad about all the modern cars that we see today, there are no beautiful car body designs to come anywhere near close to all these older classics.

David

There are some incredible cars in this list but I have to admit I've always been just a little off the beating path and rather simplistic. My favorite car and dream car since I was young has always been a 69 or 70 Cougar Eliminator, black with a red interior.

1969-mercury-cougar-eliminatior.jpg.091a6ffa820c1162c880a6880f72668c.jpg

001-williams-1970-mercury-cougar-eliminator-front-three-quarter.thumb.jpg.7467a48ffa6137488c3fb2f3ebff6430.jpg

For my money there is only ONE design that conjures so many emotions in so many people. It is the future but it comes from a galaxy far away. It is the past but is ahead of its time.

My favorite story is about some fellows going for a ride in southern Cali with their Lamborghini's. A Diablo, a Diablo roadster, a Muira and a Countach. When they got into town after a spin on the PCH they were in a line with the Countach bringing up the rear. As they went past people all looked but there was a slight gasp as the Countach came into view. Then a collective cheer as it went past. After all these years it continues to capture the imaginations of all walks of life. it is my favorite automobile design of all time. It asks nothing of you except to gasp at its outrageousness, its impracticality and it's style. Whether you like it with or without it's performance robbing wing there is no denying the total exercise in style over function. Style for styles sake. It's also pretty darned quick to boot.

lamborghini-countach-7.jpg

19 minutes ago, Dragline said:

For my money there is only ONE design that conjures so many emotions in so many people. It is the future but it comes from a galaxy far away. It is the past but is ahead of its time.

My favorite story is about some fellows going for a ride in southern Cali with their Lamborghini's. A Diablo, a Diablo roadster, a Muira and a Countach. When they got into town after a spin on the PCH they were in a line with the Countach bringing up the rear. As they went past people all looked but there was a slight gasp as the Countach came into view. Then a collective cheer as it went past. After all these years it continues to capture the imaginations of all walks of life. it is my favorite automobile design of all time. It asks nothing of you except to gasp at its outrageousness, its impracticality and it's style. Whether you like it with or without it's performance robbing wing there is no denying the total exercise in style over function. Style for styles sake. It's also pretty darned quick to boot.

lamborghini-countach-7.jpg

Hi Bob, since you like wedgy cars, what do you think of the Lancie Zero and Fiat Scorpione 2000;

fiat.scorpione.jpg

lancia.zero.jpg

On 6/29/2019 at 10:44 PM, StevenGuthmiller said:

image.png.cab3899a70568aed31c6f6057c13f23b.png

A neighbor of mine just finished restoring one in two tone blue.  "I didn't need another project but I couldn't pass this one up."  The guy has built a Cobra clone, Nash Metropolitan, pumpkin orange Henry J hot rod, 62 Chevy Bel Aire bubble top tribute car with a 409, 67 Camaro in ice blue, candy apple red '40 Ford with a sparkling white interior.  I wish I had half the doggedness of this guy.

8 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

Y'all are wet under the ears about this very objective and subjective topic. :P  Whenever big name manufacturers wanted something sexy, they hired Italians.  Pontiac blatantly stole the GTO label, just because Ferrari made it legendary.  Owners and fans have what amounts to orgies at events such as the Monterey Weekend, just the sounds of the engines are enough to imprint the desire to become very successful in ones life, and when we don't, we build models of said cars.  So when you start a topic with "beautiful", this is what I think of.

Lusso teal b.jpg

1963 Lambo 350 GTV.jpg

Ferrari-250GTO_29.jpg

I don't recognize the middle one.  What is it exactly?

Edited by Mr. Muppet

3 minutes ago, Mr. Muppet said:

I don't recognize the middle one.  What is it exactly?

Lamborghini 350 GT, their first car had normal headlights for the USA market, I had not seen the hidden headlight design before, when I stole the picture.

Wow Sophie's choice here. Gonna feel bad for the ones I don't post...but a few are there already. That 32 Packard makes me drool.

These Eagle speedsters are just what the eye and ear doctor ordered

eagle-speedster-jaguar-e-type.jpg

eagle jag.jpg

Edited by Dentz