Model Cars Magazine Forum

Most beautiful cars of all time

11 hours ago, aurfalien said:

Hi Bob, since you like wedgy cars, what do you think of the Lancie Zero and Fiat Scorpione 2000;

fiat.scorpione.jpg

lancia.zero.jpg

The Scorp is really killer but the Fiat is over the top. I saw a few videos of it at some show and they fired and moved it down the street. It caused some kind of stir that's for certain. And talk of impractical...

On 7/2/2019 at 7:29 PM, aurfalien said:

Hi Bob, since you like wedgy cars, what do you think of the Lancie Zero and Fiat Scorpione 2000;

fiat.scorpione.jpg

lancia.zero.jpg

While both are "wedgy" and unique, neither even comes close to the eye-pleasing lines of a Countach.  These look freakish to me.  Especially the red car - looks like it was designed by multiple designers, each wanting to do something different. 

On 7/3/2019 at 8:57 PM, peteski said:

While both are "wedgy" and unique, neither even comes close to the eye-pleasing lines of a Countach.  These look freakish to me.  Especially the red car - looks like it was designed by multiple designers, each wanting to do something different. 

As they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I personally think that the Lamborghini Countach is one of the ugliest Italian sports cars ever built.

I suppose for the time it was a sleek design, but to me it has always looked like a bunch of milk cartons stapled together. ^_^

Steve

The early Countach (LP500 prototype and LP400 production) were gorgeous cars. As time went on, they became more "boy racer". The LP500 prototype had louvers behind the doors instead of cooling scoops. That is one beautiful car.  Sorry, but I couldn't figure out how to link the photo. This is a production LP400.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/99/FoS20162016_0623_090034AA_(27250796354).jpg

Edited by SSNJim

4 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

As they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I personally think that the Lamborghini Countach is one of the ugliest Italian sports cars ever built.

I suppose for the time it was a sleek design, but to me it has always looked like a bunch of milk cartons stapled together. ^_^

Steve

Beauty is in the eye of the Beer-Holder...lol

I completely agree with you Steve...Countach = U-G-L-Y, you ain't got...

1 hour ago, Bernard Kron said:

Beautiful minimalism (before wings 'n' things) - Jim Clark full chat in the Lotus 25. Hard to beat a race car done right...

C64TM-5.jpg

The four-wheel equivalent of the Lockheed F-104: Man and engine covered by minimal smooth metal, and not a whole lot else. B)