Model Cars Magazine Forum

Really well done.  Very clean.  One of my favorite race cars fro the sixties. Too bad there was never a Tamiya or Fujimi kit of the Hall cars complete with engines.  Missed opportunity   Or even the Cobra Daytona Coupe, Ford GT Mark IV, the variations of the Chaparral and a nice blue King Cobra rear engine roadster .  Too bad, but you did a great job on it.  Many years ago I did a heavily modified "Modelers" Chaparral as I found the kit to be far too "toy like".

15 hours ago, iBorg said:

I know its a bit after the fact, but any WIP photos? I've got two or three parts cars and yours looks like a great inspiration to see if I can make one good one out of them.

Sorry not many. This is a very simple curbside kit that was meant to adapted to slot racing. I built it basically out of the box except for the decals. Here's what I have though....I had to rebuild a broken axle stub..

2v2EmmnNox29seC.jpg

2v2Emmnj3x29seC.jpg

2v2Emmnd8x29seC.jpg

2v2ES42Lnx29seC.jpg

2v2EVeytrx29seC.jpg

HTH's and good luck with your project!

On 7/1/2019 at 8:16 AM, Peter Lombardo said:

Really well done.  Very clean.  One of my favorite race cars fro the sixties. Too bad there was never a Tamiya or Fujimi kit of the Hall cars complete with engines.  Missed opportunity   Or even the Cobra Daytona Coupe, Ford GT Mark IV, the variations of the Chaparral and a nice blue King Cobra rear engine roadster .  Too bad, but you did a great job on it.  Many years ago I did a heavily modified "Modelers" Chaparral as I found the kit to be far too "toy like".

Thanks. I'm working up the courage to attempt to build my IMC 2E kit. That should be a challenge! LOL.

• 3 years later...
On 7/1/2019 at 7:06 AM, FordRodnKustom said:

2v2EVgnhWx29seC.jpg

Bit of a goof on the copy above with the Chaparral and the McLaren-Elva being mislabeled. These were unique kits in that they offered then current racers, while being curbsides they do build up into decent replicas with a bit of extra detailing. I’m fortunate to have three with the Lola being the exception.
Cheers  Misha 

10 hours ago, unclescott58 said:

A lovely model. I wish Round 2 could find the molds for this one and bring it back. 

I agree Scott , the Chaparral's were beautiful looking race cars !

By the way , we lost Ron (FordRodnKustom) a year ago on July 14 , 2021 . Gone but not forgotten . 

Edited by TooOld