Model Cars Magazine Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Monty

Help me help an elderly relative out (Part II)

Long story short, this relative is a fan of the newspaper comic strip Arlo & Janis.  They made a note of three they'd seen online in the recent past that they'd like to have copies of.  They would like to have the ones published on 5/31/2019, 6/20/2019 and 6/22/2019.   I found the strips in question but was unable to copy/paste them.  I can, however, buy the rights to each at dozens of dollars apiece...which ain't gonna happen.  

I'm guessing it's a copyright thing, but these are going to end up on a bulletin board, not shared with anybody, and it will make them happy for a while.

Is there a way I can copy paste and print these without getting into legal issues? 

I think I've mentioned before that I'm not a computer whiz, so TIA for all civil responses.  

Check your inbox.

If it's not for commercial use, and you're not reprinting or selling them, then just use the snip tool on your PC.

And then you get this....

05/30/19

001.JPG.4d6ef11c0a342624176823318e5d1cfe.JPG

06/20/19

002.JPG.dd731e0d065bf58494977ee1b73b1e0b.JPG

06/22/19

003.JPG.6ff772a7fa5a73f06fae248426ad6ca4.JPG

I took care of this for him yesterday. He should have acknowledged that to save other guys the trouble of doing the same thing.

Thank you , Joe z!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11 hours ago, SfanGoch said:

I took care of this for him yesterday. He should have acknowledged that to save other guys the trouble of doing the same thing.

You're correct, I should have.  OTOH, I now get to learn what a snip tool is and how to use it.  Thanks everybody!