Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Williams Renault FW19 F1 1997 Champion

Twokidsnosleep

Not an easy task as detail is lacking and some modifications made to the best of my abilities. Not many...ANY...internal photos with cowlings off so I had fun trying to figure out the rear clip details. This schematic is reported to be the 1996 FW car with the 1997 logo decals on it ??!! Cripes.

Lots of 1/24 carbon fibre decal form Studio 27 used...lovely stuff

Kit decals are dodgy, they have wrinkled and come off the paper in some areas. I have supplementary Rothmans decals to add.IMG_2554.thumb.JPG.94efe20fc3cefe8d659976ce62006c1e.JPGIMG_2624.thumb.JPG.b4666752992543a98b418fde2c795dbc.JPGIMG_2645.thumb.JPG.2fbe43316d9e6c469d2d91d560941f93.JPGIMG_2657.thumb.JPG.d137a714d0ec786e47f674f906787633.JPGIMG_2665.thumb.JPG.79adac0e3205834a21a24d44d2f50f13.JPG

IMG_2666.thumb.JPG.8660524b40d330df8ad6705d14905e19.JPGIMG_2673.thumb.JPG.250fed35a861682789b120d2a80b0b2c.JPG

I modified the wing attachment with brass pin and sleeve so the wing can be taken on and off...and actually stay on in place when so desired!

IMG_2593.JPG

It is coming along. Body paint hopefully soon.

Edited by Twokidsnosleep

Whoa! Someone actually building this kit and not selling it?! 

I had mine up for sale with no takers, and I run across others at garage sales and antique sales all the time. Have never actually seen it built.

Looks like it's building up nicely. May have to rethink selling it. :)

Watching for updates!

2 minutes ago, iamsuperdan said:

Whoa! Someone actually building this kit and not selling it?! 

I had mine up for sale with no takers, and I run across others at garage sales and antique sales all the time. Have never actually seen it built.

Looks like it's building up nicely. May have to rethink selling it. :)

Watching for updates!

I think of selling it every time I work on the darn thing :D

Or maybe destroying it :P

I agree, this is looking very good. I will follow your WIP.

If I may add one small comment, I think the exhaust pipes have to more straight, on those photos they look like they are pointed to the lower part of the rear wing in a somewhat diagonal angle. On the real car, hot exhaust air may never reach the CF parts, that would not be good... ;)

5 hours ago, Tommy124 said:

I agree, this is looking very good. I will follow your WIP.

If I may add one small comment, I think the exhaust pipes have to more straight, on those photos they look like they are pointed to the lower part of the rear wing in a somewhat diagonal angle. On the real car, hot exhaust air may never reach the CF parts, that would not be good... ;)

They go where they go. Here is another reference angle, looks like Revell had them correct, I just cut off the tip and added some aluminum so the angle is what it was :mellow:

IMG_2475.PNG.d0cede4753020e5c6a77b8ac34ac673e.PNG

IMG_2474.PNG.b813d1b0300ba0a9eb24ac99e27745a0.PNG

Edited by Twokidsnosleep

19 hours ago, Dann Tier said:

SWEEEET!!!

4 hours ago, drodg said:

Sweet and that does not look like an easy kit to build.   Keep the good work up.

3 hours ago, Gramps46 said:

Looking good.  Please keep us posted on your progress.

Cheers you three guys :D

I will keep the build updated B)

20 minutes ago, Belugawrx said:

Looking good Scott..I tried that kit some years ago and had a heck of a time with it...Looks like your aceing it !!

Hi Bruce buddy, good to hear from you. Hope you are having a good summer.

Ya she puts up a bit of a fight and still has a few opportunities to crush me, but I am thinking i am getting there

Have a pretty good plan of attack with the livery paint. The decals just need not to fully explode and we are golden...the decals are all wrinkly so may indeed explode on me:blink:

1 hour ago, Rider said:

This is great, I have never seen this built up.  Keep it up, looks like you're in the home stretch. I had this kit and it looked like a struggle, you're knocking it out of the park. 

Cheers Curtis nice of you to say buddy:D

Thanks man, I will keep posting updates as I get her moving forwardB)

Edited by Twokidsnosleep

20 hours ago, Twokidsnosleep said:

They go where they go. Here is another reference angle, looks like Revell had them correct, I just cut off the tip and added some aluminum so the angle is what it was :mellow:

IMG_2475.PNG.d0cede4753020e5c6a77b8ac34ac673e.PNG

IMG_2474.PNG.b813d1b0300ba0a9eb24ac99e27745a0.PNG

I think you have the exhaust pretty spot-on, bud!!...NICE!!!

• 1 month later...