Model Cars Magazine Forum

53 minutes ago, Bucky said:

I'm surprised that there are no COKE decals in the dump truck kit. LoL

Soon.....very soon.......and they'd sell.

I'll get this issue Autocar dump.....never had one.

Remember we are the fringe....much more is sold to the rest of the folks over to us here.....

If we were to make a drinking game out of seeing a Coke tie-in, most likely the majority of folks wouldn't survive the experience.

AMT PLASTIC MODEL KITS AMT-1145 1/25 Coca-Cola 1940 Willys Gasser Pickup Truck $32.95 TBA
AMT PLASTIC MODEL KITS AMT-1146 1/25 1953 Ford Victoria Hardtop w/Coca-Cola Machine $34.95 TBA
AMT PLASTIC MODEL KITS AMT-1147 1/25 Ford C600 Stake Bed Truck w/Coca-Cola Machines $51.95 TBA
AMT PLASTIC MODEL KITS AMT-1149 1/25 1963 Chevy Impala SS $31.95 TBA
AMT PLASTIC MODEL KITS AMT-1150 1/25 Autocar Dump Truck $47.95 TBA
AMT PLASTIC MODEL KITS AMT-1151 1/25 Dyno Don Nicholson's Mercury Cyclone Eliminator II Funny Car $31.95 TBA
AMT PLASTIC MODEL KITS AMT-1153 1/25 1966 Plymouth Barracuda Hemi Under Glass $31.95 TBA
AMT PLASTIC MODEL KITS AMT-1154 1/25 Fooler Fueler Digger Dragster $30.95 TBA
AMT PLASTIC MODEL KITS AMT-1155 1/25 1970 Camaro Z28 Full Bumper $31.95 TBA
AMT PLASTIC MODEL KITS AMT-1156 1/25 1976 Chevy Vega Funny Car $32.95 TBA
AMT PLASTIC MODEL KITS AMT-1157 1/25 Bandag Bandit Kenworth Drag Truck $51.95 TBA
AMT PLASTIC MODEL KITS AMT-1158 1/25 Tyrone Malone Hideout Kenworth Transporter $51.95 TBA
AMT PLASTIC MODEL KITS AMT-1160 1/25 Coca-Cola White Western Star Semi Tractor Cab $51.95 TBA
AMT PLASTIC MODEL KITS AMT-1161 1/25 Coca-Cola 1940 Ford Sedan Delivery Van $34.95 TBA
AMT PLASTIC MODEL KITS AMT-1162 1/25 1970 Chevy Impala Fire Chief Car $31.95 TBA
AMT PLASTIC MODEL KITS AMT-1163 1/25 Don Garlits Wynns Jammer Dragster $32.95 TBA
AMT PLASTIC MODEL KITS AMT-1164 1/25 Big Rig Semi Trailer $42.95 TBA
AMT PLASTIC MODEL KITS AMT-1165 1/25 Coca-Cola Fruehauf Holiday Hauler Semi Trailer $47.95 TBA
AMT PLASTIC MODEL KITS AMT-1166 1/25 Popper 1977 Ford Pinto w/Coca-Cola Machine $35.95 TBA
AMT PLASTIC MODEL KITS AMT-1167 1/25 1925 Ford T Chopped Coupe $32.95 TBA
AMT PLASTIC MODEL KITS AMT-1168 1/25 1995 GMC Sonoma Pickup Truck $32.95 TBA
AMT PLASTIC MODEL KITS AMT-1169 1/24 Peterbilt 378 Long Hauler Semi Tractor Cab $78.95 TBA
AMT PLASTIC MODEL KITS AMT-1170 1/24 Reefer Semi Trailer $78.95 TBA
AMT PLASTIC MODEL KITS AMT-1171 1/25 Plymouth Valiant Scamp Kit Car $30.95 TBA
AMT PLASTIC MODEL KITS AMT-1173 1/25 1977 Ford Van w/Coca-Cola Machine $35.95 TBA

Like, I get it - you purchase a stupidly expensive license, you wanna see a return of dosh to make it worthwhile but my God man. That being said, '70 Camaro Z28 with a full bumper, eh? I know there's no chance in hell they'd also turn it into the single headlight version again, but one can hope.

Also in today's "What in the holy hell" edition:
Image result for coca cola

7 hours ago, echoxrayniner said:

Like, I get it - you purchase a stupidly expensive license, you wanna see a return of dosh to make it worthwhile but my God man. That being said, '70 Camaro Z28 with a full bumper, eh? I know there's no chance in hell they'd also turn it into the single headlight version again, but one can hope.

All 70 Camaros had single (2) headlights.     The RS nose had the split bumpers and the round parking lights (as on the AMT Z/28 and BM), while the base single piece bumper front end had parking lights under the bumper. 

So based on the description ,AMT-1155 should be something that looks like this (without the vinyl top):

13685437-1970-chevrolet-camaro-z28-thumb.jpg

Edited by Rob Hall

Neat to see the '70 Impala Fire Chief car listed...I have several AMT '70 Impalas, never had that version...I guess the only differences from the regular issues would be the dog dish hubcaps and steel wheels and siren, lights, etc?   Hopefully no Coke decals. ;)    I wonder what the 'Popper' '77 Pinto is...the same that was recently reissued but w/ a Coke machine? 

Edited by Rob Hall

Since Round 2 is doing updates and new decal sheets and some really nice tires for these reissues, maybe the money spent on rights to Coke could be used to offer something a little more tangible for the model builders in the future. 

2 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

Hopefully no Coke decals. ;) 

Since it's supposed to be a fire department car (red paint job), just add some Coke decals and you're set. :D

I never saw a 2DR car used by any city agency at any time during my lifespan. The last time 2 DR coupes/sedans were used by NYC was 1958. Building this '70 Impala Fire Chief as an FDNY bugle limo ain't gonna work.

3 hours ago, Classicgas said:

I always liked that better than the split bumper.

Me too. The RS front end always looked to me like a Jaguar sedan. Pontiac did a MUCH better job with the whole front end of this car. 

23 hours ago, Classicgas said:

I always liked that better than the split bumper.

I like both front ends. But in general, I like the RS front end at times a little better. But, I'll sure be glad to see, and buy, a Camaro without the RS front end. With the one piece, full width bumper. 

As for stuff being released in The July 2019 video, there was nothing of interest to me, other than the Auto World '74 Buick Estate Wagon. Yet they already announced a showed us that last month. So there is nothing there for me. Still I enjoy watching Chad's videos each month. 

23 hours ago, SfanGoch said:

Since it's supposed to be a fire department car (red paint job), just add some Coke decals and you're set. :D

Along with adding Coke decals to the 70 Impala Fire Chief car, they could also reissue the pumper, ladder chief, aero chief, and the Chevy rescue van with Coke decals and one could have an entire Coca Cola plant internal fire department! :lol:

On 7/3/2019 at 6:39 PM, Snake45 said:

His superpower is skillfully manipulating the box so that the light glare prevents you from seeing anything you might actually be interested in seeing. 

Ha!!:lol::lol: That's too funny, I was thinking the same thing!!

Does anybody know which '76 Chevy Vega Funny Car will be released? Is it the long wheelbase coupe body, or the short (stock-ish) wheelbase Van body kit they used to do???

If it's the van body kit (!!!), I'm in for one, Coca-Cola graphics or no...   

5 minutes ago, CapSat 6 said:

Does anybody know which '76 Chevy Vega Funny Car will be released? Is it the long wheelbase coupe body, or the short (stock-ish) wheelbase Van body kit they used to do?

Not sure yet, but I would guess the version which shares the generic chassis with the semi-recently reissued Trojan Horse Mustang II F/C, discussed here: