Model Cars Magazine Forum

Round 2/AMT 1977 Pinto - Super Loser (out of box)

Faust

• 1 month later...

I wonder what else besides the decals, Round2 will add to this kit.

Because, frankly, the decals will not sell myself and many other modelers this kit without adding something else to sweeten the deal. It is not that great a kit, and at the new MSRP of north of $30.00 it does not look to be a good choice to purchase.

Time will tell I guess, but I am guessing that rabid Coke Fans, far out number Rabid USPS Fans. But, I could be wrong......

21 minutes ago, BlackSheep214 said:

Hmmm....I don’t recall ever seeing a USPS Pinto growing up in the 70s. We had those dinky little jeeps with steering wheel on the right side delivering mail in our area. LOL!

Then you never saw these! But, then again, hardly anyone did. Apparently only shortly used in South Florida. Of course, it has to be Florida! 

The ComutaVan: An Odd Electric Postal Van From the 80s

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Daddyfink said:

Then you never saw these! But, then again, hardly anyone did. Apparently only shortly used in South Florida. Of course, it has to be Florida! 

The ComutaVan: An Odd Electric Postal Van From the 80s

I remember seeing those in a Magazine back in the day. They were "Special" showing that our obsession with Low Running Cost, Low/No Emission cars is at 40 years old.

• Like 1