Model Cars Magazine Forum

80's and early 90's period correct 5 lug FWD wheels and tires?

Does anybody make sets of 1/25 5 lug FWD style 15" or 16" wheels? 

Any kind of basketweave/BBS or Minilight/Watanabi 8 spoke would work well, or anything that will look period correct on the AMT '88 Daytona Shelby kits.  I'd even go for just a good set of Gatorbacks to use with the kit wheels, since the tires really don't look right on any of the Turbo K-Cars.

Edited by Joe Handley

closest I can think of is the Pontiac basket weave style that was included in the Revell turbo grand prix not the se version from that time period, IIRC it even has the gatorbacks but you'll have to remove the emblem from the center cap

176466-12155-pristine.jpg

Thanks Guys, I know the wheels and tires on the Pontiac are a little on the large side (had one or two of those kits), but I've yet to look at one of the Probe kits.  I have to figure out where I put it (it's probably in the back of my Jeep), but I did buy one of the 90's AMT/ERTL '49 Ford Coupe kits a couple years in 2017 or 2018 and those came with the 80's Gatorbacks that might work with the kit supplied OEM Mopar Sawtooth/Eggshell wheels (below) instead.

15pacifica.jpg

This is the kit, the rims need a dip in the purple pond to remove the heavy handed chrome plating from them!

1998-AMT-ERTL-2009-Discontinued-38425-1-

The box art wheels would be great on a period Japanese  tuner car, since they're the right size and 4 lug, but the Daytona was running 5 lug (A-Body style 5x4"/5x100mm pattern, IIRC) from '85-'93 on all the cars, even the 2.2 TBI/Auto cars.

Edited by Joe Handley