Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Recommended Posts

AMT PLASTIC MODEL KITS AMT-1147 1/25 Ford C600 Stake Bed Truck w/Coca-Cola Machines $51.95   TBA
AMT PLASTIC MODEL KITS AMT-1153 1/25 1966 Plymouth Barracuda Hemi Under Glass $31.95   TBA
AMT PLASTIC MODEL KITS AMT-1155 1/25 1970 Camaro Z28 Full Bumper $31.95   TBA
AMT PLASTIC MODEL KITS AMT-1156 1/25 1976 Chevy Vega Funny Car $32.95   TBA
AMT PLASTIC MODEL KITS AMT-1157 1/25 Bandag Bandit Kenworth Drag Truck $51.95   TBA
AMT PLASTIC MODEL KITS AMT-1158 1/25 Tyrone Malone Hideout Kenworth Transporter $51.95   TBA
AMT PLASTIC MODEL KITS AMT-1162 1/25 1970 Chevy Impala Fire Chief Car $31.95   TBA
AMT PLASTIC MODEL KITS AMT-1165 1/25 Coca-Cola Fruehauf Holiday Hauler Semi Trailer $47.95   TBA
AMT PLASTIC MODEL KITS AMT-1166 1/25 Popper 1977 Ford Pinto w/Coca-Cola Machine $35.95   TBA
AMT PLASTIC MODEL KITS AMT-1173 1/25 1977 Ford Van w/Coca-Cola Machine $35.95   TBA
AMT PLASTIC MODEL KITS AMT-1174 1/200 Saturn V Rocket $32.95   TBA

AMTPLASTIC MODEL KITS

AMT-PP23 1/25 Big Rig Truck Tire Parts Pack $18.95  

TBA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting............Coke sells.......what is the Pinto??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ofcourse now that i have found and bought a bandag bandit they are going to rerelease it....
Same with the hideout truck, i just got a papa truck kit that i am planing to build as the hideout truck.
Have even ordered decals for them.

I should have waited a while longer...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dave Van said:

Interesting............Coke sells.......

:):):)

What can ya say????   But if it's getting a bunch of kits back on the market..... Keep after it!!!!

DJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TECHMAN said:

:):):)

What can ya say????   But if it's getting a bunch of kits back on the market..... Keep after it!!!!

DJ

AGREED!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wondering if the Saturn V rocket is the Coca-Cola version?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, shoopdog said:

Wondering if the Saturn V rocket is the Coca-Cola version?

Seems like a COKE rocket would be shaped like a COKE bottle! LoL

(Just having a little fun about the COCA COLA decals. I actually have a few kits with the COKE theme from several years back.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suppose the Vega Funny Car will have Coke Sponsorship.  Well....SOMEBODY had to say it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, shoopdog said:

Wondering if the Saturn V rocket is the Coca-Cola version?

If it sells....YES!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some I would like to have, but will probably abstain from buying them.  Just noticed another $2.00 price increase.  I guess the model companies do not realize a large majority of their customers are red, white, and blue card-carrying old folks, with a limited budget. My retirement checks or Social Security check has not seen an appreciable increase in years, but kit prices have been steadily increasing.  Rant over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weren't some of the 60's cars like the Camaro referenced as "Coke Bottle Shaped"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Exotics_Builder said:

Weren't some of the 60's cars like the Camaro referenced as "Coke Bottle Shaped"?

Yeah, I've seen that phrase specifically applied to full size Pontiacs of the 60s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Exotics_Builder said:

Weren't some of the 60's cars like the Camaro referenced as "Coke Bottle Shaped"?

The '68-'70 Charger is a prime example of that kind of styling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like they are making some new parts for the '70 Camaro and doing a full bumper version. That should make a few people happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Mike Chernecki said:

Looks like they are making some new parts for the '70 Camaro and doing a full bumper version. That should make a few people happy.

Lettuce hope that it's a reworked c.1998 ( ad seq. )    version , and not that chunk of cow dung , butchered-up , backdated MPC dinosaur . Would be nice to see a proper SS-396 Camaro of 1970-1972 vintage .

EDIT I recognise that it's marked as the Z/28 (still worry-some ) , but at least if it's the good version , its body will be a (hopefully) great starting point for a 350hp 396 ( with A/C --- like the engine / TH-400 in the '68 El Camino ) or L-78 .

Besides , I can always use another LT-1 350 for pending projects .  

Edited by 1972coronet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 2019-07-04 at 10:28 PM, PierreR89 said:

Ofcourse now that i have found and bought a bandag bandit they are going to rerelease it....
Same with the hideout truck, i just got a papa truck kit that i am planing to build as the hideout truck.
Have even ordered decals for them.

I should have waited a while longer...

Well the Bandag Bandit and Hideout Truck kits have been in the works for a while now and was mentioned to be up for re-issue when the Super Boss and Papa Truck was re-issued back in 2016...but I didn't think it would take so long for them to do it.
The Hideout Truck is an easy re-issue as it's exactly the same as the Papa Truck except for the decals.
The Bandag Bandit and Super Boss kits share some things like the basic engine (except for some bits), gearbox, chassis, wheels, cab and some other things, but there are many parts that are specific for the Bandit and they had to find the tooling for them before they could do the Bandit kit again.

Edited by Force

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Håkan, it probably took this long to reissue the Bandag Bandit & Hideout trucks because they were trying to figure out where to put the Coca-Cola logos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/5/2019 at 9:02 AM, TarheelRick said:

Some I would like to have, but will probably abstain from buying them.  Just noticed another $2.00 price increase.  I guess the model companies do not realize a large majority of their customers are red, white, and blue card-carrying old folks, with a limited budget. My retirement checks or Social Security check has not seen an appreciable increase in years, but kit prices have been steadily increasing.  Rant over.

The steady increase does suck, I buy as many kits from a local in door flea market and keep an eye on hobby lobby discounts or even use the 40% off to get kits I want. Not sure how I would have been able to enjoy this hobby if I was kid these days.      

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Jim B said:

Håkan, it probably took this long to reissue the Bandag Bandit & Hideout trucks because they were trying to figure out where to put the Coca-Cola logos.

Yeah it has to be the reason. ;)
Unfortunately for them Malone didn't have Coca Cola as a sponsor so the logo doesn't fit anywhere. :rolleyes:

I think Coca Cola Company pays Round 2 to put the logo on everything instead of the other way around, because why would they do it otherwise, I don't think the kits sell better because of it and most modelers doesn't care if the kits have it or not, but Coca Cola wants exposure and one of the target groups is young modelers so I don't find it unlikely...who haven't heard of "product placement".
Coca Cola is one of the companies in the world who spends the highest precentage of their revenue on advertising with around 4 billion US Dollars per year.

Edited by Force

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Round2 also sells crate loads of Coca Cola kits to people who collect Coke memorabilia who have no intention of every breaking the shrink wrap off them let alone build them.

I suspect reissue times on the Bandit and Hideout would have something to do with how well the reissues of the first two kits sold.  You don't want to flood the market with semi-identical kits, Moebius made that mistake with their F-Series trucks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

STILL no 78 Bronco, grrrr! Nice to have the two Malone kits, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/5/2019 at 9:35 PM, 1972coronet said:

Lettuce hope that it's a reworked c.1998 ( ad seq. )    version , and not that chunk of cow dung , butchered-up , backdated MPC dinosaur . Would be nice to see a proper SS-396 Camaro of 1970-1972 vintage .

EDIT I recognise that it's marked as the Z/28 (still worry-some ) , but at least if it's the good version , its body will be a (hopefully) great starting point for a 350hp 396 ( with A/C --- like the engine / TH-400 in the '68 El Camino ) or L-78 .

Besides , I can always use another LT-1 350 for pending projects .  

That was the AMT '76 kit that was reworked into the '70 back then, not the MPC. 

I'm pretty sure it's the newer tool kit that's being released with a new body and front end. 

I hope they corrected the rear 1/4 panels this time. The body is the one thing that the old kits pretty well nailed originally. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Can-Con said:

That was the AMT '76 kit that was reworked into the '70 back then, not the MPC. 

I'm pretty sure it's the newer tool kit that's being released with a new body and front end. 

I hope they corrected the rear 1/4 panels this time. The body is the one thing that the old kits pretty well nailed originally. 

I didn't know that the "other" 1970 1/2 Z-28 was a backdated AMT kit ( never had any of the AMT iterations of the 2nd Gen Camaro ; only the MPC versions ) . 

It would be sweet if Round2 were to make a separate,  full-width bumper fascia , in addition to the RS setup that's moulded-in already . Even better ? Just remove the RS front fascia from the tooling and offer it as an option .

I wasn't aware that the quarters were 'questionable' on that c.2000 AMT-tooled Camaro . I've only completed one of those kits (the first Baldwin-Motion issue) , and helped a friend build his --- guess that I'm not a G.M. F-Body connoisseur ( that's not meant as a jab at you ; just making a statement B) ) . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This is the truck section so please take the car talk to the car section where there is a similar thread.

 

Edited by Force

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Force said:

This is the truck section so please take the car talk to the car section where it's a similar thread.

 

Maybe you can ask one of the moderators to move the offending posts then .

Possibly even go into the original post and remove the references to all non-truck items on the list. 

Can't have the truck and car builders mixing, you know. ;)

 

But seriously, if it's bothering you that much you should complain to a moderator and have the posts moved or deleted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...