Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dick Landy

Peak at some Super Stocks under construction.   The silver car is a 1964 Dodge 330 Super Stock 426 Hemi.  Alan, take note of the two Coronet Super Stocks, both blue with white vinyl tops, one a 440 and the other a 426 Hemi.

20190704_180345_resized.jpg

20190704_224541_resized.jpg

Edited by johnwitzke
  • Like 2

Here are the starts to the engines.  Very early stages not detailed...yet.  Painted Mopar Hemi Orange and Turquoise.  The 1964 426 cross-ram race hemi has the Landy signature black painted intake manifold.  The 426 street hemi and 440 will go into the 1967 Coronets.  Carburetors are from Fireball Modelworks

After these there will be the 1965 altered wheelbase Coronet, the 1968 440 Dart and the 1968 Hemi Dart. 

20190704_210722_resized.jpg

Edited by johnwitzke
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, johnwitzke said:

Peak at some Super Stocks under construction.   The silver car is a 1964 Dodge 330 Super Stock 426 Hemi.  Alan, take note of the two Coronet Super Stocks, both blue with white vinyl tops, one a 440 and the other a 426 Hemi.

20190704_180345_resized.jpg

20190704_224541_resized.jpg

They should be there any day John, sent them out a few days ago ...... Did you check the site? The silver 67 decals are there now

Alan  :)

2 hours ago, johnwitzke said:

Here are the starts to the engines.  Very early stages not detailed...yet.  Painted Mopar Hemi Orange and Turquoise.  The 1964 426 cross-ram race hemi has the Landy signature black painted intake manifold.  The 426 street hemi and 440 will go into the 1967 Coronets.  Carburetors are from Fireball Modelworks

After these there will be the 1965 altered wheelbase Coronet, the 1968 440 Dart and the 1968 Hemi Dart. 

20190704_210722_resized.jpg

Those look GREAT!!

You're off to a great start. Drive on! B)

Didn't Landy, like Bill Jenkins, paint all his engines black? (Maybe I'm thinking of someone else.) 

Just since all the Landy fans are reading this, if I wanted to build a model of his AWB '65 car, what's the best starting point? Does anyone do a resin body, or would I have to track down a Polar Lights and alter it myself? 

From the photos that I have seen it appears that the intakes and possibly the water pumps were black on some cars.  Some of his cars also have black painted engine compartments.  

As far as the AWB 1965 Coronet, I was fortunate to get the last available one from Speed City Resin.  It is an excellent kit, the casting looks like an injection mold.  Not sure if he will be doing any more.  The kit currently shows Out of Stock  

21 hours ago, Snake45 said:

You're off to a great start. Drive on! B)

Didn't Landy, like Bill Jenkins, paint all his engines black? (Maybe I'm thinking of someone else.) 

Just since all the Landy fans are reading this, if I wanted to build a model of his AWB '65 car, what's the best starting point? Does anyone do a resin body, or would I have to track down a Polar Lights and alter it myself? 

MCW has the resin 65 hardtop awb .

25 minutes ago, rssschris said:

I just ordered one, said 2 - 5 weeks lead time. But I heard their castings were worth waiting for.

That's not horrible for aftermarket bodies. I ordered three from them late last year and had them in two or three weeks, which I thought was pretty good. The bodies themselves were also pretty nice. 

Looking real good John. 

I kept checking to see your other Ford projects, but I see you got the itch to build some Mopars. I’ve been building a few myself. 

Those engines look great so far. Can’t wait to see them fully detailed. 

• 4 years later...

The top on Landy’s ‘67 was not vinyl, it was painted white in reference Dodge’s “White Hat” advertising campaign. The white paint came down the a-Pilar about 2” below the top of the drip molding. (I don’t know why they did that, it looks wrong).
I realize I’m late to this post but I thought I would post this for anyone else modeling this car.