Model Cars Magazine Forum

1930 Packard Club sedan

landman

59 minutes ago, Flat32 said:

First car I ever noticed with seven wheel lug nuts. This one deserves a slow meticulous build IMHO.

It won't have the disc wheels Ray, whatever I have in the pile. I get the slow and meticulous.

Dabbled a bit at making a disc wheel with a button, some aluminum tubing and bits of styrene. I think a very small socket head screw might make a nice hub as well, especially since it has Packard's trademark hexagon right in it.

IMG_9182.JPG

IMG_9183.JPG

2 hours ago, landman said:

Eric, was the whole body scratchbuilt or is it based on something else?

I used the Monogram Packard Phaeton body on the bottom and grafted a pair of Monogram Ford Model A Coupe roof sides ( for window frames) along with a full roof section from a AMT 31 Ford Tudor. Tons of sanding and filling gave me the result you see. 

When I built my Duesenberg Judkins Victoria I used a method very similar to yours with the multiple Town Car bodies and the wedges cut in them.

You definitely have the right idea as far as I am concerned Pat.  I am interested in watching your progress.