Model Cars Magazine Forum

1930 Packard Club sedan

landman

7 hours ago, Eric Macleod said:

I agree with the others. This looks great.  Have you thought of a longer wheelbase? I have an extra set of fenders, a couple frame rails, exhaust pipes and a drive shaft if you want to attempt it.  

I have to stretch the wheelbase all right. I was going to cut the fender assembly just in front of the rear fenders, lenghten the frame to fit and fab up some new running boards..I only have one Packard rail for some reason and was planning to use either a Rolls Royce frame or a Duesenberg one which may be long enough as it is. Thanks for the offer. Let me investigate the Duesenberg frame first.

Now that we know what length the body will be, we can determine the length of the fender assembly. First step, determine the location of the front of the cowl. then mark one fender assembly. Transfer mark to body. Mark the rear fender assembly. Cut, splice and hope it will fit.

IMG_9291.JPG

IMG_9293.JPG

IMG_9294.JPG

IMG_9295.JPG

IMG_9296.JPG

All of your reshaping and molding should qualify you as a "Plastic Surgeon".  I'm sure you have plans for the Cowl Vent before you finish with the body, but I just noticed it is still on the forward section of the Cowl. 

• 2 weeks later...