Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum
landman

1930 Packard Club sedan

Recommended Posts

On 10/1/2019 at 2:54 PM, Richard Bartrop said:

Not everyone wanted whitewalls back then, and it wasn't always about economics.  Here's an ad for a Cadillac V-16, and this body was the most expensive one you could get for that year. Clearly the folks at GM thought it looked just fine without them.

caddy_silver16.jpg

 

This is the body the Jo-Han kit is based on, right?

Charlie Larkin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, charlie8575 said:

This is the body the Jo-Han kit is based on, right?

Charlie Larkin

It is the style, though the actual car they measured for the kit is a replica made from another V-16 Town Car.  Apparently no actual Town Broughams are known to exist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TIMG_9531.thumb.JPG.35d82f1b574754d7d024e8c2e6b23fa3.JPGhere. I hate paint, I hate painting, I hate airbrushes....What else?

IMG_9532.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know about stunner but here is a preview. I am debating between light gray, dark gray or black for the roof. All the moldings will be foiled then dulled.

IMG_9547.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The foiling is done. The semigloss clear hasn't dulled it as much as I thought it would. Hope you like it, warts and all.

 

IMG_9572.JPG

Edited by landman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it looks great. I've been meaning to ask you,  what did you use to glue the wire for the window molding in place?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Eric Macleod said:

I think it looks great. I've been meaning to ask you,  what did you use to glue the wire for the window molding in place?

Crazy Glue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great to see someone doing a kit bash with inter wars classics from some of the old Monogram kits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A beautiful coach built body by St-Marten beauty. Looks elegant and well proportioned. Great work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/21/2019 at 9:17 AM, Bugatti Fan said:

Great to see someone doing a kit bash with inter wars classics from some of the old Monogram kits.

 

18 hours ago, misterNNL said:

A beautiful coach built body by St-Marten beauty. Looks elegant and well proportioned. Great work. 

Thank you gentlemen. After installing the glass and interior the body would not set down properly on the chassis. It turns out a protuberance at the bottom was interfering. More surgery.

IMG_9579.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Charlie. Glad you like it. I am facing  a big dilemma here, No grille guard and the louvers painted black, or no grille guard and the louvers chrome or with the grille guard. I'm leaning hard towards the black louvers.

IMG_9585.JPG

IMG_9586.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would strongly agree with you on the black louvers. It adds a bit more visual depth to the front of the car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Eric Macleod said:

I would strongly agree with you on the black louvers. It adds a bit more visual depth to the front of the car.

It's the hole that bug me. I wonder which material would make the scribing of the louvers easier, putty or plastic plugs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, landman said:

It's the hole that bug me. I wonder which material would make the scribing of the louvers easier, putty or plastic plugs?

Or I could sent you one without holes. PM me your mailing address and I am happy to send you a new one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eric Macleod said:

Or I could sent you one without holes. PM me your mailing address and I am happy to send you a new one.

Thank you for the kind offer, Eric. I dohave a gold one from the Metal Master kit. Let me try to Alclad it first.

IMG_9587.JPG

IMG_9588.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A teaser . Once I receive Eric's grille, I'll take the Under Glass shots.

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0008.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eric's grille is installed. The boys are admiring the car while Smith is giving it a bit of polish in anticipation of the Under Glass photos.

DSC_0010.JPG

DSC_0011.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, landman said:

Eric's grille is installed. The boys are admiring the car while Smith is giving it a bit of polish in anticipation of the Under Glass photos.

DSC_0010.JPG

DSC_0011.JPG

Looks great. Ready for the local Concours d'Elegance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...