Model Cars Magazine Forum

Been working on this AMT kit for about three weeks now. Until the newest reissue came out I thought this was the old annual kit and stayed away from it. When I saw it was a modern kit I decided to build one.

It's done in Krylon red Oxide Primer and Satin Ivory. The paint is a little rough on purpose as I want it to look like an unfinished project truck. Stripped the chrome from the bumpers and grille because I think the Ivory looks good with the red.

IMG_1037.thumb.JPG.3ce9c5e7d6cbc562971f660508b094b6.JPGIMG_1036.thumb.JPG.f9b9421435ea872b80b7129739161fcf.JPGIMG_1038.thumb.JPG.41e0b7f8b9591b2f52e4d922202a60a8.JPGIMG_1039.thumb.JPG.498464b40567517f4cbd1f37d63b2c58.JPG

Edited by oldscool

Great looking start. Many of these base trucks had painted bumper and grills anyway, so it is very much in keeping with the era. I have this same model on my work bench, but going in a different direction. I think it's a great kit to work with and will buy another soon.  

Finished the interior:

The seat was left streaky to appear worn. The seat is Testors flat brown enamel from the little bottle and the floor mat is Pollyscale engine black. The door panels are the Krylon satin Ivory and the dash is Tamiya TS-49 bright red.

IMG_0203.JPG

IMG_0202.JPG

Edited by oldscool

3 hours ago, oldscool said:

I need a little help from those who have built this kit already. The interior won't go all the way up into the cab. Any advice?

Check your clearance around the Windshield. The Windshield doesn't want to fit all the way against the roof and a little sanding will go a long way. The Floor and back wall of the interior also catches on the inside of the cab a little. This combined with the fire wall fitment, making the three different parts all fit together takes some forcing.   

• 1 month later...