Model Cars Magazine Forum

1955 Chevy AWB drag car ?

• 1 month later...
On 7/13/2019 at 11:31 AM, cobraman said:

Just a mock up , still plenty to do . Some may say too high in the front and I will have to agree but not sure I want to mess with it at this stage . 

F6D7C7DB-100C-4D37-AFEA-78453860F92C.jpeg

830E0FB9-376E-4BC2-B2C0-F2414012D687.jpeg

I love it, great colour, great finish, beautiful wheels... I love it, I don't understand those cars but this one I like....

Boy, you got a beautiful lustre on that paint, Ray!  A perfect choice for the car.

The whole stance thing has had me thinking.  As Ace Garage Guy often points out, quite correctly, they didn't race that high back in the day BUT there doesn't seem to be any shortage of people who have built real cars with that exaggerated stance since those times.  Rod and Custom once ran a Hiboy of the Month photo contest and there was some crazy stupid stance in those entries!  I guess you just have to pick your era and back story!

The teardrop is a great addition also.  Magazine photos of the time are full of mid fifties cars with sixties/seventies accessories added to them.  Might not be something we would do today but the young guys thought it was col back then. I think your Chevy is a great time capsule any way you look at it.

Cheers

Alan