Model Cars Magazine Forum

Well here i am again, starting another model. I happen to be a fan of strange/uncommon cars and engines, which makes this build super interesting for me!

The plans are to lower the truck, add some cool fender flares, and some killer wheels. But you cant have a ridiculous truck without a ridiculous engine,  i'm currently torn between four engine choices (1994 Corvette Ls, 1968-73 Corvette engine, adding a supercharger to the stock 4 banger)

I'm now out of school working full time, so progress may be slow but hopefully I can keep progress onthis one.

DSC_0128.JPG

3 minutes ago, Gumball said:

Anybody got any weird suggestions for strange looking engines, for this funky looking truck?

Later this year the Buick GNX will be out, that would make for a great engine swap. Otherwise maybe a late model Z motor swap?

4 hours ago, Gumball said:

Anybody got any weird suggestions for strange looking engines, for this funky looking truck?

I just got one of these, on clearance at Hobby Lobby, along with an MPC Mountain Goat Jeep. I'm thinking about using the Jeep suspension to make a lifted 4x4 Toyota. I might just use the frame and engine from the Jeep, the wheelbase looks identical.

Engines suggestions. None of these kits will be that expensive.

The injected V6 from the AMT Opel that was released a few years ago.

4 cylinder from a Prowler kit.

The 2JZ from the AMT F&F Supra kit, but ditch the backwards turbos and add some sidedrafts.

Inline 6 from an AMT AMC Gremlin

• 1 month later...