Model Cars Magazine Forum

Kurtis Midget

Stevens19

This was one of the models I was most excited to build when I found out they made it, I remember as a kid (not actually that long ago) they used to have a bunch of the vintage cars follow the NST series through Oregon/Washington as a support class to the Sprints, it was really neat to get to see these cars racing in person. This is my second attempt with this car, the first attempt didn't turn out so well, so into a paint stripping bath it went. I made most of the decals for this one, I used my dad as an inspiration for the hood, it's his initials and the name of the railroad company he worked for. I have another one of these I can't wait to get out and get together! Hope you guys enjoy the pictures.

_ND88511SM.jpg

_ND88513SM.jpg

_ND88527SM.jpg

_ND88536SM.jpg

_ND88553SM.jpg

_ND88505SM.jpg

Great job! Very similar to an idea I had. The only difference was the tow vehicle would be a beater and the race car would look way better than the truck. Most of my 1:1 race cars looked way better than the tow vehicle. :D