Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/18 Fiat 850 coupe by Laudoracing

traditional

In the late '60s when I was finishing college, I'd seen a few of the Fiat 850 coupes running around Toronto and I even thought I might buy one as my first car as soon as I found reasonable employment. I've always liked small cars, and I thought these were so nicely styled.
Luckily, I'd changed my mind by the time I had enough money to actually purchase a car, because from all reports, the Fiats at that time, although really cute, were simply not durable enough for Canadian roads and climate.
I've always harbored a fondness for those 850 coupes though, and I was delighted when Laudoracing introduced their 1/18 resin replicas of the 1968 version, and I think they've done a really accurate job.
I've mounted the model on the base of a display case which is not supplied with the model.

1-P7060224.JPG

1-P7060225.JPG

1-P7040219.JPG

Nice replica!  1/18 has some nice stuff, but it takes up so much space to display.  I have to cram all I can in my space so the 1/18s are going away as I replace them with 1/24 or smaller.  But that is surely a ncie model.

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful, I'd love a 1:24th scale model of one, growing up in Spain in the 1960's and 70's, of course they were produced over there as the Seat 850, they were very popular.

Seat850Coupe-SportCoupe-2.jpg

Edited by GeeBee

That is a VERY nice model of that! :wub:

From the mid '90's through the mid '00's, I lived in an apartment which was above what used to be a Fiat dealership. Believe it or not, there were a couple of these that were still below me sitting in the garage. I don't think they were running, but the guy I rented from he would occasionally work on other Fiats that folks would bring to him. There was also a 850 Spyder sitting in the lot across the street that he wanted me to buy, but that one was just too dang small for me, and after having a '78 Fiat 124 Spyder which ultimately broke its timing belt, I was not interested in taking on another Fiat.

Yes, I too would love to see a detailed, 1/25 kit of this car. I've been watching a kit of a Fiat Zagato coupe which has been online for the longest time. There's four of 'em, but no takers.