Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT-1124 Supernatural Impala

(sitting forward in chair, rubbing hands together in anticipation) alrighty then, one to finally build, and not just a die-cast...

I have watched the show for years, and while not a huge fan of 4 door cars, it is such an iconic car and so heavily tied to the show, I am surprised it has taken anyone this long to get around to it. The show is nearly run its course. 

To be honest, I think there are MANY movie/TV show tie ins that the model companies may have missed the boat on, that would potentially gain new builders. 

5 hours ago, Modelbuilder Mark said:

(sitting forward in chair, rubbing hands together in anticipation) alrighty then, one to finally build, and not just a die-cast...

I have watched the show for years, and while not a huge fan of 4 door cars, it is such an iconic car and so heavily tied to the show, I am surprised it has taken anyone this long to get around to it. The show is nearly run its course. 

To be honest, I think there are MANY movie/TV show tie ins that the model companies may have missed the boat on, that would potentially gain new builders. 

Same here. I'm a HUGE fan of the show and can't believe how long this took to make. I hope it's an accurate rendition of "Baby", and not just a cobbled together effort just to get it to market. That will determine how many kits I'll buy. I have a couple of the 2 door kits I was going to kitbash, but I'll wait to see what actually makes it to the shelves first. 

Jeff 

35 minutes ago, mikemodeler said:

Heard it is going to have Coca Cola decals in it, like everything AMT!

Interesting thought ........how far apart are Round 2 & Coke's main offices??   :blink:

12 hours ago, SfanGoch said:

I guess we won't know what it looks like until Chad shows us. :D

And even THEN we won't know what the model looks like, just the box. And Chad will use his superpower to cloak anything you might actually want to see on the box with lighting glare.

22 hours ago, Modelbuilder Mark said:

Be fair. Revell released a S&H Torino only 35 years after the show was ditched.
In model company terms that was lightning quick.

So even if R2 releases the SN Impala in 2054, they'll have still beaten Revell.

Edited by Junkman

As much as I enjoy watching you people malign Chad for all manner of things while ignoring how factually inaccurate the videos are in terms of correct release times...How is it Chad's fault that whomever is actually filming the video isn't adjusting the angle of the camera to prevent glare? He's not filming the thing himself and therefore can't know what angle is good, bad or indifferent.

Edited by niteowl7710

1 hour ago, niteowl7710 said:

As much as I enjoy watching you people malign Chad for all manner of things while ignoring how factually inaccurate the videos are in terms of correct release times...How is it Chad's fault that whomever is actually filming the video isn't adjusting the angle of the camera to prevent glare? He's not filming the thing himself and therefore can't know what angle is good, bad or indifferent.

You might have a point. (But how many IQ points would it take for SOMEBODY at R2 to get the bright idea to TAKE THE FREAKIN' SHRINK WRAP OFF THESE BOXES!) Now, who can we blame for the fact that he can't seem to hold the box still for more than half a second? :D

2 hours ago, ChrisBcritter said:

AMT's still cautious since My Mother the Car and The Hero tanked after one season :rolleyes:

MMTC lasted a full season.  The Hero lasted only 13 weeks.  It may have been off the air around the time the kit came out!  I've got a Hero Imperial, was looking for info about the show.  Other than who was in it, not much available (synopsis of individual episodes, etc).

*If* they do an accurate '67 Impala 4dr ht, I can see them being able to get at least 3 releases out of it--the car from the show w/ any show-specific extras like spotlights and the custom wheels, a stock '67 Impala 4dr ht, and the obligatory Coke version.

38 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

And T.H.E. Cat. :D

MPC did a 'Street Hawk' Mustang, and that show was pretty short-lived (though that was just a rebox of an existing kit w/ no new tooling).      MPC's 'Hardcastle & McCormick' kit was odd--it was the Coyote kit car body over the chassis and running gear of the Ford GT Mark IV (I wonder if the GT Mark IV body tooling is lost to history? Would love to see that one reissued).

Edited by Rob Hall