Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT-1124 Supernatural Impala

1 hour ago, Junkman said:

They also did the highly successful  Barnabas Vampire Van, the non existing prototype of which never appeared in Dark Shadows.
But the '32 Chevy van kit had to die for that rubbish.

Your first sentence made me actually LOL. 

And then your second sentence made me very sad. 

I don't think a writer has ever peaked such opposite emotions in just two sentences. Well played, sir! B)

2 hours ago, alexis said:

And, I'm still waiting for Squad 51. But that show got canceled pretty fast so maybe there wasn't enough time to bring a kit out.

Emergency! (AKA Squad 51 in syndication, had a reasonably long run, from the fall of 1972 until the spring of 1977)

On 8.7.2019 at 10:28 PM, Modelbuilder Mark said:

To be honest, I think there are MANY movie/TV show tie ins that the model companies may have missed the boat on, that would potentially gain new builders. 

I hear you! I just watched one of my all-time favorite series again, Breaking Bad, and I wonder, how come no-one ever had the guts to do a Pontiac Aztek... :lol:

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 1:56 PM, Rusty92 said:

...So far I know that it is in fact 4 doors. 

As much as I think it will be cool to have a new 4 door kit I'm a little worried. R2 has not tooled anything new since taking ownership, in the model car world anyway. Is the "4 door" conversion of the 2 door gonna be a decal set ? 

I actually wish it would be a 4 door sedan (Biscayne) as it would have way more building possibilities. Even better would be a 2 door sedan !

I think it would be a pretty small group of buyers...I don't know anyone that watches the show.

6 minutes ago, Fish_65 said:

As much as I think it will be cool to have a new 4 door kit I'm a little worried. R2 has not tooled anything new since taking ownership, in the model car world anyway. Is the "4 door" conversion of the 2 door gonna be a decal set ? 

I actually wish it would be a 4 door sedan (Biscayne) as it would have way more building possibilities. Even better would be a 2 door sedan !

I think it would be a pretty small group of buyers...I don't know anyone that watches the show.

Actually, they did tool up the 6th gen Camaro full detail kits a few years ago.  And a 4dr sedan wouldn't make sense for doing the Supernatural car.   I've never seen the show, but it apparently has enough popularity for Greenlight to tool up diecast versions in 4 scales.

Edited by Rob Hall

3 hours ago, Tommy124 said:

I hear you! I just watched one of my all-time favorite series again, Breaking Bad, and I wonder, how come no-one ever had the guts to do a Pontiac Aztek... :lol:

Greenlight did the Breaking Bad vehicles, including a box truck with Los Pollos Hermanos logos. They even did Walt's Chrysler 300 and Walt Jr's Challenger.The "bad" thing is that they didn't make all of them in the same scale. If they had done them all in 1/64 I would have bought them all!

6 minutes ago, Rodent said:

Greenlight did the Breaking Bad vehicles, including a box truck with Los Pollos Hermanos logos. They even did Walt's Chrysler 300 and Walt Jr's Challenger.The "bad" thing is that they didn't make all of them in the same scale. If they had done them all in 1/64 I would have bought them all!

Yeah, would have been nice.  I didn't know about the box truck, but have the motorhome, Chrysler and Challenger in 1/64th... and  the Aztek, Jesse's Monte Carlo and Skylar's Grand Wagoneer in 1/43.    Jesse's Tercel wagon would have been neat.     

Walt Ehrmentraut's Chrysler Fifth Avenue would have been neat to see, along w/ Saul's Cadillac...and Jimmy/Saul's Suzuki Esteem from 'Better Call Saul'.. 

I believe blue Kool Aid, to wash down the green bologna sandwiches, is the only beverage option at state-level Greybar Hotels. For an expanded menu, you need to upgrade your accommodations to one of the Club Fed resorts. Tutti mangiano bene!

• 4 months later...
8 minutes ago, Dave Toups said:

Terry Jessee posted this test shot pic on Facebook. Looks like it's really going to happen and it will be a four door!

78856786_2222304771401763_6435854582902947840_o.jpg.e4519defb555500c58e1ae1ce87d5257.jpg

Would love to see a profile shot of the body but this will have to do for now. Thanks for sharing it!

Is it my imagination, or does the rear end of the roof look just a little "too fastback"? :unsure:

34 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Would love to see a profile shot of the body but this will have to do for now. Thanks for sharing it!

Is it my imagination, or does the rear end of the roof look just a little "too fastback"? :unsure:

Snake, from where I sit that looks pretty darn good to me! The sedan rooflines were a bit more "formal". Looks like Round 2 got this pretty much on the money. ?

I'm actually pretty surprised to see this!

Usually the modern kit companies want to produce kits that can be offered in a number of variations to maximize sales.

It's difficult to see where else you could go with this one.

I suppose that you could call this a variant of the '67 Super Sport, but if they were willing to go to this extent with this kit, I would have much rather seen a '68!

Steve

3 minutes ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

I'm actually pretty surprised to see this!

Same here, then again this car/ show has a pretty good fan base so maybe not. ( my daughter included in said base ) Me personally I have zero interest.

I hope it sells thru the roof, then maybe we can get some more obscure kits in the future