Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT-1124 Supernatural Impala

18 hours ago, Snake45 said:

[voice of Forged in Fire's Doug Marcaia] Okay, let's talk about your Impala model here. [/voice]

Top to bottom: Two different screenshots of the AMT Impala; the Real Deal; Green Light 1/24 diecast. 

One detail: Looks like maybe they've altered the front fender tip "slots" from 4 (standard) to 3 (optional light package, as seen on the TV car). Or am I seeing things? 

Discuss. 

zzzDSCN9970.JPG

They say you learn something new every day! All these years of seeing '67 Chevy's I've never noticed the differences in the fender end slots. 

13 minutes ago, Classicgas said:

They mentioned something about a decal for the inside of the lid. Scribing it open and hinging it is fairly easy. No matter for me, mine will be bone factory stock.

Yup...........that's how I intend to build mine........stock as stone. Got the stock wheel covers and all to use on it already. ;) 

On 2/1/2020 at 2:10 PM, Snake45 said:

[voice of Forged in Fire's Doug Marcaia] Okay, let's talk about your Impala model here. [/voice]

Top to bottom: Two different screenshots of the AMT Impala; the Real Deal; Green Light 1/24 diecast. 

One detail: Looks like maybe they've altered the front fender tip "slots" from 4 (standard) to 3 (optional light package, as seen on the TV car). Or am I seeing things? 

Discuss. 

67ImpalaAMTCropped.jpg.9fee4ee32ca549b97e7127952e5a527e.jpg

67ImpalaAMTCropped2.jpg.64b9bf6c5a52e578d9de0f51a95f8dea.jpg

Chevrolet-Impala-5.7-1971-2.jpg.fcd9fb04a43f9733b159a0bce3f38429.jpg

67ImpalaDC006.jpg.8d00c114253576316db7bf45d4b9455f.jpg

What, no comments about the shape/accuracy of the roof? 

To me, the AMT roof looks closer to the Greenlight diecast's (although a little better) than it does to the real car's. 

Discuss. :unsure:

The lower front part of the AMT fender looks too short when compared to the real car, making it look chopped. The front bumper is also too short in profile because of this. The face of rear bumper appears more convex than that of either the real car or diecast, making it look shorter top to bottom. It should be flatter with a more rhomboid-like appearance, slightly tapering toward its lower edge. The kit's  beltline seems to have a more pronounced dip front-to-rear.

13 hours ago, SfanGoch said:

The lower front part of the AMT fender looks too short when compared to the real car, making it look chopped. The front bumper is also too short in profile because of this. The face of rear bumper appears more convex than that of either the real car or diecast, making it look shorter top to bottom. It should be flatter with a more rhomboid-like appearance, slightly tapering toward its lower edge. The kit's  beltline seems to have a more pronounced dip front-to-rear.

The front end could be due to the stance. It may look different if the front was lowered and the rear was raised. Hard to tell for sure. The profile of the rear bumper is definitely off. The leading edge should be slanted more with the face to match. Hard to tell on the belt line also as the photo is from a low angle. Still, to me, there's nothing that jumps out like a lot of the Moebius kits. I'd buy it if I wanted one. 

On 2/4/2020 at 7:13 AM, Snake45 said:

I had the same impression. 

The angle of the pics above are slightly different though.  On the real car, the pic is taken from more of a top angle, more roof is shown, while the model kit and diecast pics are taken from an angle down low at chassis or ground level.  This will change how the belt line dips to the viewer.  What we need are pics taken from exactly the same side angle height to know for sure.  If the lower window sill line is still slightly more dipped than the real car, that could be an artifact from the 2dr fastback tool that the sedan revision was based upon.

Edited by the other Mike S.

• 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, kelson said:

Apparently they have arrived at least in Canada,seller has them on Ebay,but wants $75.00 U.S. with the Buy it now option,so $100 to us Canadian guys.:(

Has to be a pre-order Round2 received no kits this month due to the factory closure in China, and this kit wasn't scheduled to come out until late Spring before the extended COVID issues. 

1 hour ago, kelson said:

Apparently they have arrived at least in Canada,seller has them on Ebay,but wants $75.00 U.S. with the Buy it now option,so $100 to us Canadian guys.:(

Ok here is the low down it's a pre-order I know the guy selling them .

Edited by Mr mopar

I saw that too and was like whaa...

Anybody else here not even really know what Supernatural is or care but just think it’s just cool to see a NEW 1960’s four door car from anybody? It’s been a looong time since that has happened. 

Edited by Erik Smith

26 minutes ago, Erik Smith said:

I saw that too and was like whaa...

Anybody else here not even really know what Supernatural is or care but just think it’s just cool to see a NEW 1960’s four door car from Revell? It’s been a looong time since that has happened. 

I tried to watch the show once. Didn't like it. Never tried again. It is cool that Round2 has come out with this kit. But, I doubt I'll buy one. I hope they do some other modified reissues. Hopefully, this is only the beginning.  

11 minutes ago, Draggon said:

IMO the roof would look a lot closer to the real thing if the front was chopped about an inch....

Hard to be sure just from pictures, but I think you might be onto something here. 

I'm pretty sure an inch chop on my Greenlight diecast would vastly improve its looks. 

I never saw the show and really didn't know at first what everyone was so excited about. The four door hardtop Impala got my attention as a more main stream passenger car then what most kits are based upon. I'll wait until I can use my 40% off coupon at HL, and by then everyone will have picked it apart so I'll know for sure if I want one. 

I have to buy this when it becomes available. Supernatural is my wife's favorite show and she wants their car in the display case. I'll probably end up with two or three so I can put the wheels on some future pickup builds.

2 hours ago, espo said:

I'll wait until I can use my 40% off coupon at HL, and by then everyone will have picked it apart so I'll know for sure if I want one. 

It might not show up at Hobby Lobby ever--for reasons that have nothing to do with the kit's popularity or sales potential. :unsure: