Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT-1124 Supernatural Impala

4 hours ago, Bucky said:

I've seen the Rally wheels on every kind of Chevrolet. One of our neighbors had a new Caprice wagon with rally wheels on it. I think they are one of the best factory wheels, along with the Magnum 500.

And in every 1967 Chevy brochure, the steel portions of the Rallys are shown painted black, not silver. I've only ever seen one set of real ones painted black, but it's possible. The '67 Rally center caps on black wheels looks a lot like hubcaps on black steel wheels, if you don't realize what you're looking at. B)

14 hours ago, Muncie said:

Rally wheels on Impala or Caprice were 15x7.  They were the disc brake wheel - required for brake clearance - if am Impala had Rally wheels, it also had disc brakes.  Standard steel wheels were 14", 14x6 on the wagons.  14" wheels would only fit drum brakes.

Ding ding ding. 15 inch rallye wheels are the only stock choice if you want your model to have disc brakes.

On 7/10/2019 at 4:58 PM, SfanGoch said:

I believe blue Kool Aid, to wash down the green bologna sandwiches, is the only beverage option at state-level Greybar Hotels. For an expanded menu, you need to upgrade your accommodations to one of the Club Fed resorts. Tutti mangiano bene!

I've never seen this movie, and this clip just sold me on it.

Charlie Larkin

18 hours ago, espo said:

I don't like the Bumper Guards either, but that isn't going to stop me from buying one of these.  

Mike, who built the model  shown on these images and in Round2's video, mentioned the rear bumper guards are separate pieces, so you're halfway there. 

With some careful trimming of the SS version's bumper grille piece and the same part on the Supernatural kit, you should be good to go.

My understanding is the bench seat is more like a Caprice, with an armrest. Pretty easy fix with some Evergreen and a little cutting.

The wheels, as pointed out, aren't a huge problem.

Idea...due a COPO-style interior and install buckets/console? Wouldn't shock me if one or two got pushed through like that. The only other thing would be to swap the 4-speed for a TH-400. Kris Morgan has that covered.

Looking forward to this one.

Charlie Larkin

1 hour ago, Casey said:

Mike, who built the model  shown on these images and in Round2's video, mentioned the rear bumper guards are separate pieces, so you're halfway there. 

With some careful trimming of the SS version's bumper grille piece and the same part on the Supernatural kit, you should be good to go.

Thanks Casey. I was already thinking along those lines when I get one. I could just grind off the fronts and redo the chrome also and that's they way I'm inclined to go rather than cannibalize the SS kit. 

4 hours ago, SfanGoch said:

Maronna mia! Really.......it's only one of the greatest mob movies and has been available on every type of media since 1990 and you've never seen it. Devi uscire di più.

Great drama, great acting, great soundtrack, great cars...love Henry Hill's '68 GP in a few scenes...

Just getting a feel for what others might do with this, but does anyone have plans to open the trunk on this kit? The designers have already mentioned that the panel lines are already traced inside the trunk lid, and a sigil decal is included on the sheet for those who want to do this alteration. If those of you decide to do this, are there any good sources of 1:25 scale weaponry that can be fabbed for the "arsenal"? Knives, crosses, crossbows, and other hand weapons should be fairly easy to fab up, but shotguns, pistols, and rifles could probably be sourced from police kits and such. And as for "barbed-wire covered" baseball bats... Heh heh.

Ohh, the "hero car" has a false bottom in the trunk to hide the weaponry. Don't forget that when making the trunk area.

zeldikzvg6731.jpg

Edited by Drake69

I'm in. I'm planning on doing the trunk, it's an integral part of the show. I've been saving up all the weapons from some of the gangster series of kits when I come across them at shows. Gotta have the Winchester's arsenal. Now, where am I gonna find a vial of holy oil. Hmmmm.......

Jeff

Checked a few of the usual online vendors... Model Roundup shows it as a June release,Tower Hobbies says early October, Spotlight, Hobbylinc and MegaHobby don't have it listed on their sites...

And the distributor Stevens International just says 'TBA'...   

So I figure it will show up when it shows up...

2 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

Checked a few of the usual online vendors... Model Roundup shows it as a June release,Tower Hobbies says early October, Spotlight, Hobbylinc and MegaHobby don't have it listed on their sites...

And the distributor Stevens International just says 'TBA'...   

So I figure it will show up when it shows up...

It will show up in a few days, there's quit a bit of backlog at Round2 that is scheduled for release in June. The Impala and the Haul Away Trailer are at the point of that log.

9 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Did they have that on Supernatural, too? I've never seen the show. :unsure:

It was in one episode. It didnt show them using it, but Dean was carrying it after a "job" and he said something like "dad loved this thing"

On 7/10/2019 at 11:09 AM, Tommy124 said:

I hear you! I just watched one of my all-time favorite series again, Breaking Bad, and I wonder, how come no-one ever had the guts to do a Pontiac Aztek... :lol:

Cause the Pontiac Aztek is ugly as a mud fence??