Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT-1124 Supernatural Impala

On 6/4/2020 at 2:26 PM, Drake69 said:

Cultman has their kits in stock, but Model Roundup is running a little behind. They should be shippng my 2 kits out by this coming Wednesday, June 10.

I looked on Cultman site, and it didn't say anything about it being in stock(did I have the right site?). Model Roundup, and Megahobby both say it will be available in the next few days, but Tower Hobbies says early Oct. and Spotlight doesn't have it listed at all. What's the deal anyway?

31 minutes ago, RichCostello said:

I looked on Cultman site, and it didn't say anything about it being in stock(did I have the right site?). Model Roundup, and Megahobby both say it will be available in the next few days, but Tower Hobbies says early Oct. and Spotlight doesn't have it listed at all. What's the deal anyway?

Cultman has shipped my kits, they'll be in my hands Tuesday.

7 hours ago, RichCostello said:

Maybe I was looking in the wrong place, do you have a link to the right one?

I can't speak to that particular site, but my LHS got them in on Thursday and there are several vendors selling them on eBay, so they are out there.

3 minutes ago, niteowl7710 said:

I can't speak to that particular site, but my LHS got them in on Thursday and there are several vendors selling them on eBay, so they are out there.

Thanks James, all I've got is Hobby Lobby here, and it could be years before they get them(if ever). I guess I'll just pre-order one, and hope it shows up soon.

2 hours ago, Plowboy said:

Out of curiosity, I checked ebay and found a few. Prices are rediculous! I know it's just came out. But, $54 shipped is never gonna happen! That was the cheapest. One was $75! 

...which is not really representative of what the kits actually sold for:

image.png.a810b8286615c3072f432a193b096fe3.png

Edited by Casey

I dunno $24.50 is well below the box MSRP on those, and $8.61 for shipping is reasonable since the actually shipping is gonna be $7, and that buck and change probably offsets all the eBay and PayPal fees and contributes a few pennies to the packing materials.  The cheapest one up there right now is $32.99 which is right at MSRP.  Sure it would be $19.77 + tax at Hobby Lobby, but I'm not really sure I can see the organization that is HL carrying that product.  Not something that necessarily fits within their "value system" as it were.

My distributor lists the MSRP on the kit as $32.95, which is ultimately about right on par for a Round 2 kit currently. Interestingly, the '67 SS427 2dr that this kit is based upon is still listed at a $28.95 MSRP so there's a little price creep tied in with the retooling and the licensing for the show.