Model Cars Magazine Forum
Rusty92

AMT-1124 Supernatural Impala

1 hour ago, Snake45 said:

Watched the "Baby" episode this afternoon. Looks like almost the entire show was shot from inside the car. At the end, it's pretty beat up. Wonder if anyone will model it that way?

Sorry, but the show just seems lame to me. I have better guns (and knives) than the stuff I've seen on there so far. It's not particularly humorous or interesting in any way. It reminds me a lot of NBC's Grimm of a few years ago, which I similarly grew tired of after a couple seasons of watching the heroes fight the "monster of the week" in improbable and silly ways. I didn't realize Supernatural had been on so long--it's very likely that Grimm was a ripoff/copy of it. 

Kinda cool car, though--I did buy the model. And, before that, the diecast! B)

I'm another one that never watched an episode of it... I'm just not into that stuff...

Like the Snake I didn't know anything about the TV program before this kit came about. Not something I would get very worked up over it sounds like. Now the kit and especially the subject being something out of the ordinary is why I have two to build now. 

Same here, I never heard of the show until the kit came along. I've since built the car and it's a great little kit, I also took a butchers at the show and it's ehh, it's ok. I watched the first series, it's watchable but not much incentive to keep following the series, at least for me anyway.

On 8/18/2020 at 3:58 PM, Goose1957 said:

Snake, I can't believe you can't get into the show, lol. What's not to like, lots of muscle cars, lots of guns, (Dean has an awesome, engraved, nickle plated genuine Colt 1911a1). Great "real" rock for the soundtrack also. Some hot women too. I know the whole "Supernatural" thing with ghosts, vampires, demons and the like is hokey sometimes, but I got hooked on the show for the cars, guns, classic rock, and hot women. And yes, I'm 49, married with children, and don't live in my mom's basement, lol.

P.S. check youtube, found several good videos about just the car, I just can't figure out if I can imbed video links here.

Enjoy the build,

Jeff 

My girls (wife and daughter) got me hooked on this show through Netflix.   Like you Goose, I love the cars, guns and music.   Some of the story line is getting old and tired but there is enough humor in some of the episodes that keeps me coming back. 

I'm still trying to get this model from my LHS but they are having trouble getting it in stock.

Has anyone actually cut and hinged the trunk on this? I'm getting to the point of working on the body and have never attempted this before.  Any advice would be appreciated.

8 hours ago, Mike V said:

Has anyone actually cut and hinged the trunk on this? I'm getting to the point of working on the body and have never attempted this before.  Any advice would be appreciated.

Super easy on the 67 , you have a lot of open deck space for the hinges 

I found a method that looks relatively easy involving a paper clip and styrene.  Question - When cutting the trunk off, I'm pretty sure you want to leave on the rear panel that the bumper gets attached to?

Series ended. Most cars used headed to US from CN

Eh6zfXxWoAU1XwZ.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=740&h=334

It sounds like both of the lead actors (Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki) will each get one of the cars as a gift from Warner Brothers.

Awesome pic, wish I could see that truck and all the cars to see the small differences in them. Maybe the one on the back would "fall off" in front of my house?😋

Jeff