Model Cars Magazine Forum

Peterbilt 377 with sprint car trailer

On 10/23/2019 at 7:37 PM, clayton said:

Got the car's on the way. Maybe this winter. 

Did you use any aftermarket parts. Did some searching with not much luck.

The truck is all from the box. The trailer is all scratch built except the wheels/tires, The sprint car is a diecast donor that I took apart and stripped the paint and completely redid, the right wing panel is a styrene piece (I might redo this one as I've figured out some stuff to make the detail better) and I made some lower panels and wing supports.

I did recently build one of the new revell sprint kits, I HATE the tires in that kit, I ended up casting a set of my own for that and I scratch built both of the top wing panels. but other than that it was a good kit.

17 hours ago, clayton said:

How did you get the trailer rap like that? 

I been trying to come up with a idea for a while.

I glued some styrene tube to the bottom of the ramp and put a piece of paper clip with a 90deg bend at the end in the tube and glued the paper clip in the trailer. I'll try to get a picture of it when I get a chance.

6 hours ago, Stevens19 said:

The truck is all from the box. The trailer is all scratch built except the wheels/tires, The sprint car is a diecast donor that I took apart and stripped the paint and completely redid, the right wing panel is a styrene piece (I might redo this one as I've figured out some stuff to make the detail better) and I made some lower panels and wing supports.

I did recently build one of the new revell sprint kits, I HATE the tires in that kit, I ended up casting a set of my own for that and I scratch built both of the top wing panels. but other than that it was a good kit.

I glued some styrene tube to the bottom of the ramp and put a piece of paper clip with a 90deg bend at the end in the tube and glued the paper clip in the trailer. I'll try to get a picture of it when I get a chance.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...