Model Cars Magazine Forum

This is AMT's D50 with a 3D printed grille I drew up, parts box headlights with scratch built buckets, Fujimi wheels, a parts box manual transmission, custom bug shield, scratch built running boards, and scratch built fast food tchotchkes. Any comments/criticisms are welcome!

its-walky-truck-01.jpg

its-walky-truck-02.jpg

its-walky-truck-03.jpg

its-walky-truck-04.jpg

its-walky-truck-05.jpg

GREAT WORK! That grille looks perfect, and you have captured the driver vibe very well.

One of the new car dealers near where I grew up in Philly had an Arrow Pickup as a parts runner for many years. I might have to try to build that one, looking like it did towards the end of it's service.  

Great build. I really dig the everyday-driver vibe. Been wanting one of those D-50 kits for a while. I owned 2 of the 1:1s over the years; an ‘84 Sport and an ‘85. Both 5 speed 4x4s and both suffered from the same afflictions. Gas tanks that rusted through at the seam and carbs built with super-cheap materials.

image.png.ebcbf3bb7d4c0e54e0cb5a1f5a9b1b93.png

I did mine for the 24 Hour Build.   I started with a kit a buddy was selling at our club meeting for $5.  Pretty much just built it, but added 6 lug wheels.

I have a few more of this kit,  would like to do the Mitsubishi version too.  PLUS, this chassis is nicely detailed and would make a very cool street rod chassis.

Thanks, guys!

On 7/15/2019 at 10:51 AM, Tom Geiger said:

image.png.ebcbf3bb7d4c0e54e0cb5a1f5a9b1b93.png

I did mine for the 24 Hour Build.   I started with a kit a buddy was selling at our club meeting for $5.  Pretty much just built it, but added 6 lug wheels.

I have a few more of this kit,  would like to do the Mitsubishi version too.  PLUS, this chassis is nicely detailed and would make a very cool street rod chassis.

Nice! You're right, I was happily surprised by the quality of the kit considering its age and the subject matter.