Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hello everyone!  I updated the website and added a few things. 

IMG_0861.thumb.JPG.10750373fde53bf4dc11a660f04a0a6a.JPGIMG_0862.thumb.JPG.b5903131de4ecdf8355664588f5bef1e.JPGIMG_0865.thumb.JPG.c84d82768f836559969fa8142d418dec.JPG

I changed a few prices so hopefully certain things are more affordable.  For those that purchased those items at a higher rate, E-mail me at rookieresin@gmail.com and I will discount your next purchase. I fixed some shipping prices for international sales. I also added a specific GMC grill for the AMT kit as the kit is a bit wider and my grill is accurate for 1:1 but it looked narrow for the AMT cab.  I apologize for any inconvenience and if you purchased a GMC grill with intent to use the AMT cab, PM me and I will make it right.  I tried to think of everything when launching the site but missed a few things along the way and hopefully we won't see anymore problems.  Thanks again everyone!   Bill     https://www.rookieresin.com/

1 hour ago, Tom Geiger said:

Thanks Bill!  I anxiously await my order!   I believe I can do the wheel cover scripts with decals.

Hi Tom,  I was referring to the v6 emblems on the front fenders. (That is what I threw in your order) I don't have the hubcaps finished yet but they are on the list. 

16 hours ago, wrenchr said:

Just placed another order!! You work quick Bill!! :) 

You ain't a kiddin',I place a order on Thursday and Saturday the package was waiting in my mail box and talk about quality at a low price,these two grilles are BEAUTIFUL !!!! Hoping to see the GM step bumper and GMC caps because when all become available I will be ordering the whole conversion,bed sides n all and looking forward to the diorama pieces!

Untitled.thumb.png.155d7eda573132a70a2110ce21da538d.png

1 hour ago, Badluck 13 said:

You ain't a kiddin',I place a order on Thursday and Saturday the package was waiting in my mail box and talk about quality at a low price,these two grilles are BEAUTIFUL !!!! Hoping to see the GM step bumper and GMC caps because when all become available I will be ordering the whole conversion,bed sides n all and looking forward to the diorama pieces!

Untitled.thumb.png.155d7eda573132a70a2110ce21da538d.png

Thanks Mike!  Glad you like them!

3 minutes ago, wrenchr said:

Hi Bill,

On the 1:1 hubcap the letters have more of a gap to them, maybe that is the issue?

Hi Jason....Yeah my thoughts too!  On the computer they look great but when printed, they gain some weight.  Its tricky sometimes cause you have to over exaggerate here and there and sometimes you have to under exaggerate to get the right look from computer to physical model.  I will keep messing with them.  Thanks, Bill

16 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

There isn't much depth to the lettering on the 1:1 hubcap.  May be better handled with a decal.  That's how I was planning on doing mine before I knew you were working on caps

Thanks Tom, the decals are a great idea as your correct, the letters are pretty thin.  I will still keep working on them to see if I can get something marketable.  What are you using for the caps themselves if you don't mind me asking?

14 minutes ago, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

I got my engine and it looks awesome!! I had to order a couple of grills to go with it. I'm hoping to build something between a 4000 - 6500 GMC between 60 and 66 model.

Very fast service too!!!

Thanks Brian,  can't wait to see your project!

8 minutes ago, Jim B said:

This might be a silly question, but what color would the GMC V6 engine block be?  Would it be orange like Chevrolet?

Good question...I've never seen one in person, but googling turns up photos of them in red.

31825830004_large.jpg

7 hours ago, bill lanfear said:

Thanks Tom, the decals are a great idea as your correct, the letters are pretty thin.  I will still keep working on them to see if I can get something marketable.  What are you using for the caps themselves if you don't mind me asking?

I don't know yet!  I will go through my cap collection and see what comes close in size and shape.

Hi Bill. When I click on link I dont get anything showing up. Just a blank page that says rookie resin. Even when I do a search the same thing happens. Is there something I need to do with the computer to see. Also I am not very computer smart.

53 minutes ago, 57olds88 said:

Hi Bill. When I click on link I dont get anything showing up. Just a blank page that says rookie resin. Even when I do a search the same thing happens. Is there something I need to do with the computer to see. Also I am not very computer smart.

Hi Steve,  this link should work  https://www.rookieresin.com/    if you still don't get anything, it may be your internet is slow.  The web page has lots if pictures so it may need a little load time.  Let me know if you still have trouble and I will do what I can to help you.  I tried the link and it worked fine so try again and see if it works. Thanks, Bill

I just wanted to say that if you have any doubts ordering from this Rookie, you can relax. I placed an order on Saturday morning and about an hour or so ago got a message that my shipment was going out today! Every part of the transaction has been smooth and the communication has been excellent. If the parts are half as good as the shopping experience, I am in for more of whatever Bill dreams up!

Keep it up Bill, our hobby needs more vendors like you to help us build stuff not available in a kit. The service level you have started with has been awesome and I hope you can maintain it!