Model Cars Magazine Forum

• 1 month later...

Had a request that I was able to do rather quickly for those needing the spears and hood emblem for a 60 Ford F100.  These are now on the website and available for purchase.  Thank you everybody for the positive responses and emails relating to my products!     Bill

1966464115_60FordEmblems.jpg.83fd73b3fc131a0847ecee2955b3e00f.jpg

Bill, I just went through this thread and I'm amazed at your skills! Will be ordering the '60 Ford pickup emblems soon.

Just a thought - how about the nose and rear door lettering, front door emblems and all the door handles for the Jimmy Flintstone early '60s Ford Econoline? It's a nice kit, but it's missing all those things.

Thanks for all the nice work!

• 2 months later...
On 8/13/2020 at 10:19 PM, bill lanfear said:

Had a request that I was able to do rather quickly for those needing the spears and hood emblem for a 60 Ford F100.  These are now on the website and available for purchase.  Thank you everybody for the positive responses and emails relating to my products!     Bill

Just now put in my order - even with postage, it's still cheaper than what just a hood emblem sold for on eBay today. Thanks Bill!

By the way, have you thought about my suggestion for '60s Econoline emblems?

On 8/15/2020 at 7:18 PM, leafsprings said:

Emblem kit for the '60 kit is a great idea, most are missing or broken. The '60 F 250 emblem would be nice for those doing a conversion to 3/4 ton. Any possibility of doing the 8 lug 19.5"  Ford - Dodge wheel Bill?

Hi Tom, that Dodge looks fantastic!  Those tires and color scheme really makes it look great!   I did model those wheels ( Ford 19.5) and printed a few sets.  I haven't made them available as of yet because I am unsure of the width to make them.  I have been swamped with my job and family so modeling new stuff lately has been on hold and the focus has been just keeping up on orders.     

On 11/1/2020 at 1:02 PM, ChrisBcritter said:

have you thought about my suggestion for '60s Econoline emblems?

Hi Chris, I think I can get around to doing the emblems if your willing to help a little.  Could you provide some dimensions and reference pictures?  It would make things a lot easier for me and speed up the process of getting them done as that research is very time consuming.  Let me know what you think?   Bill

On 11/6/2020 at 11:23 PM, lordairgtar said:

Is it possible for you to do up some Mercury badges for the Ford trucks from Mobius ( I can never remember how to spell that company name...Hahaha)

Hi Greg,  What era of the Mobius kits are you wondering about?  As a few have pointed out, Kris makes some for the 65-66 kits.  I started making some for the 67-72 but haven't done the hood side badges.  I made a tailgate insert and the Mercury letters for the hood and that's about as far as I got.

20 hours ago, bill lanfear said:

Hi Greg,  What era of the Mobius kits are you wondering about?  As a few have pointed out, Kris makes some for the 65-66 kits.  I started making some for the 67-72 but haven't done the hood side badges.  I made a tailgate insert and the Mercury letters for the hood and that's about as far as I got.

I guess I missed that post. I just never saw Mercury trim for any of the Fords in the years they made Mercury trucks in Canada. I just thought it would be cool if I could make something different. Any era would be cool. From the 50s til the last one which was in the 70s I think.

22 hours ago, bill lanfear said:

I did model those wheels ( Ford 19.5) and printed a few sets.  I haven't made them available as of yet because I am unsure of the width to make them.    

Thanks for the response Bill. These rims are 5.25" wide. Look forward to seeing them in the future. These rims were used on Dodge pickups also in the same '56-

'66 era.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I (Rookie Resin) am temporarily having issues with PayPal on the website.  It seems that nobody can place orders using them as a payment method at this time.  I hope to have the issue resolved soon.  Thank you for your patience while I sort this out.    Bill

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/9/2020 at 3:45 PM, lordairgtar said:

I just thought it would be cool if I could make something different. Any era would be cool. From the 50s til the last one which was in the 70s I think.

The last mercs were made in the late spring (may)  of 68...

http://www.fordification.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=35331

I want to express my sincere apologies to everyone as I announce the closing of Rookie Resin.  The "incident" with Paypal combined with some personal reasons resulted in a "something has to give" situation and I regret to say that after several weeks of consideration, I chose to shut it down.  Perhaps sometime in the future I can give it another run but for now, I just have too much going on to keep it going.  I never imagined it would turn into such a success so quickly!  I started it as a way to help out a few fellow modelers with some specific parts and of course for my own builds.  Before I knew it, I was spending every free minute filling orders, maintaining inventory, and modeling new products.  I AM GREATFUL FOR THE BUSINESS AND DONT WANT TO SOUND LIKE i AM COMPLAINING. I just suddenly found myself with a second fulltime job.  I have a large family (6 kids and 7 grandkids) and couldn't spend any time with them or have time to do anything at all for that matter.  I will still be actively building kits and participating on this forum so I am NOT quitting the hobby!....I just need to free up some time.  Thank you all VERY MUCH for all of your support and business over the last year and a half and I hope you all understand my difficult decision!    Sincerely,      Bill