[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
Sign in to follow this  
NYLIBUD

C8 Mid engine Vette.Hmmmm­čĄö

4 hours ago, SfanGoch said:

From motor1.com:

...a $60,000 starting price sounds reasonable.

I will be truly shocked if base price is anything close to that.

31 minutes ago, iamsuperdan said:

I will be truly shocked if base price is anything close to that.

Same here. You KNOW the dealers are gonna mark them up waaaay higher than that. They know that too many people want to be "first" to own one, so they'll feed on that and laugh all the way to the bank.

I'll reserve judgement on the car till I can see one on the street. Pics and video may not do it justice and there's always the chance Chevy could slip us a red herring and the car be TOTALLY different than what we've been shown and speculating.

We only live 6 miles from Interstate 75 here in west central Ohio. Take that far enough South and you drive right by the Corvette factory an museum in Bowling Green,Ky so seeing car carrier loads of new Vettes headed North is a fairly common sight in this area. The cars on those loads are completely cloaked in white fabric/plastic so all you can see is the windshield. These should be the new C8' s so I should start looking a little closer at the shape I guess. We are a few miles from one if the biggest Corvette dealers in the states so this Thursday might be a good day to drive there to see what's new.

On 7/14/2019 at 7:21 AM, misterNNL said:

Thursday might be a good day to drive there to see what's new.

Thursday is just the launch event. Production hasn't started yet, and deliveries aren't scheduled to happen for several months. Having said that, your proximity to the factory tells me you 're probably going to see some press cars and pre-production cars bombing around. 

:)

I shall be vigilant. The dealer I mentioned is about 30 miles from here. When he opened his current dealership a few dealership a few years ago it included a service dept with 10 car lifts. When the state inspector came to check things out he announced that the lifts would not be approved unless there were cars up on them while he was present. The owner told him could take care of that and the inspectors next visit he found 10 matching red Corvette convertibles up on those lifts.