Model Cars Magazine Forum

C8 Mid engine Vette.Hmmmm?

NYLIBUD

38 minutes ago, misterNNL said:

Just for saying that you must move to the back of the line of those drooling over these and waiting to put one in their garage :)

I couldn't afford or fit in it;)

That said, the more I see on it, the more impressed I am by it!

Peteski is right, it's an automated manual, sounds like it's quite the set up from what it looks like in this video too!

Be interesting if that ever finds it's way into the Camaro or any other future RWD cars, even if it was backing one of the 4 or 6 cylinder engines. Would be interesting if this could be set up with a torque tube assembly like the C5-C7 Vettes and the Plymouth/Chrysler Prowler. Maybe even adapt it to a V-6 and FWD layout like the Chrysler LH cars used!

I don't like the black scoop-edges on the sides. If/when I build my model of this, those will be body color. (You can put me down for a snapper/curbside kit.)

Still don't care for the front end, which looks too much like half of everything else on the road today, but ah shucks oh well I guess that's what cars look like now. :huh:

I really wanted wanted to like this new Vette. But the new trend of shoving the wheels to the front and back

just make for a blunt and not graceful profile.

Oh and those designers most have been playing Pin The Tail On The Donkey with that rear quarter panel inlet.

Just my opinion. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hey we already got one putz,crashing his brand new mid engine La Vette.?Thats what I call them.Looks like it happened on a real winding road.Probably showing off for his girl.And I’m sure his ins company is going to be so happy...So happy that they’ll drop him like a hot potato..The first casualty of the car is in the books.Lol.Way to go pal.?????

E21E89EB-3F51-458A-93D7-7CA8A1C6601E.png

33 minutes ago, NYLIBUD said:

Hey we already got one putz,crashing his brand new mid engine La Vette.?Thats what I call them.Looks like it happened on a real winding road.Probably showing off for his girl.And I’m sure his ins company is going to be so happy...So happy that they’ll drop him like a hot potato..The first casualty of the car is in the books.Lol.Way to go pal.?????

E21E89EB-3F51-458A-93D7-7CA8A1C6601E.png

Well, that is pre-production, so that could be a GM Employee or a "journalist" of some sort, plus it on a twisty mountain road, I wouldn't be shocked if the driver of that appliance crossover isn't exactly innocent here.

15 minutes ago, MrObsessive said:

That's definitely pre-production as I don't think actual production starts till later this year. Could have been worse....imagine that thing rolling over the hill! :o

The video that the Vette picture is taken from is part of this article, I think that appliance in front of the Ranger has it's right rear corner sitting on that guardrail, on top of the left rear corner ripped off the vehicle.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Quick GMC said:

It's a good looking car

zn27a30zq7h31 (1).jpg

Just looking at this picture it appears the designers could have made the cockpit a bit wider, with smaller jet engine intakes.  The Vette is nice, but for the money I could buy myself a killer Mustang.