Model Cars Magazine Forum

71 charger

michelle

this is the last of the rebuilders i had custom decals made for i painted this krylon shimmer metallic green shimmer i used white primer instead of the black primer i used on  my  69 cougar  so the grren was much lighter instead of dark green it was on the cougar 
the only thing i wish the hood fit right 

IMG_9762.JPG

IMG_9763.JPG

IMG_9764.JPG

IMG_9765.JPG

IMG_9766.JPG

IMG_9767.JPG

IMG_9768.JPG

IMG_9769.JPG

IMG_9770.JPG

IMG_9771.JPG

Edited by michelle

7 hours ago, Classicgas said:

Looking forward to what you do with a fresh kit.

i have done  one  that fresh kits the 71 duster i did   was a new kit  
and i have  a few others i am working one that were unbuilt kits one a 74 road runner that i did a wheels swap  with a  custom set of tires and rims from another  unbuilt kit a 62 thunder bird and i have a un built 70 road runner  that i am moding into the 70 rr rts show car and a unbuilt 71 gtx i am moding into the the 71 rr rts showcar  and a unbuilt 69 dart kit i am moding into the 69 dart swinger 340 concept car i also have a unbuilt original  76 matador kit i am working on and a unbuilt  75 dart sport kit that amt/ertl mis labled as a 75 duster hard top that i modded into a 75 duster 

4 hours ago, Cpt Tuttle said:

A tip that might come in handy next time, test fit things like the hood before painting, if it doesn't fit, put it under some hot water and it often becomes soft enough to be bent into shape until it fits. But I like your build!

thank you