Model Cars Magazine Forum

Volvo 240

Cpt Tuttle

I have a friend that loves the Volvo 240 above everything else in the world, and I'm not joking, she is completely nuts about it. So when the Aoshima model was released, I was immediately thinking that I had to build one for her as a surprise. Built it straight out of the box but managed to ruin the decals in the first attempt to paint it, so it got a regular white paintjob instead. Maybe it looks a little bit strange but I think she will like it anyway. Haven't shown her it yet so it will be interesting to see her reactions.

DSC01658.JPG.020d7b90ad69d7a1cf7fa78351177b1c.JPG
DSC01659.JPG.8e2b34ed7a15c749499286ab58f8d670.JPGDSC01660.JPG.21aded3f7430be9258b7a6bd78ca2710.JPGDSC01661.JPG.adadbef775bb0361eed5f9cec17d5140.JPGDSC01662.JPG.24ac54823f910026c8d3b9549ad31810.JPG
DSC01657.JPG.af0217eb5c4206c2bb4daf7d19bab197.JPG

Thanks. This kit is modelled after the cars Volvo raced with in DTM and ETC in the 80s so it comes with decals for a full racing livery (on white bottom), but  as I said I ruined the decals but it looks great this way too. Even if a full cage and centre lug wheels isn't what most white Volvos have, lol.

2 hours ago, PatW said:

S'lookin good! I used to watch these race in the day, just started race marshalling, spurts of flame from the side exhaust, great!

Yes they were really cool and if I remember right was done on a very tight budget but still managed to be competitive.

Thanks for all the kind comments.

9 hours ago, Atmobil said:

Nice one that my friend, I got to get my hands on that kit aswell but I want to build it a little different;)

Yes, since she would be happy for anything that barely resembles a 240, I decided to go the easy route and build it out of the box, but I have bought one for myself now and that one will also be built a bit different....

Thanks everyone for the kind comments, I never thought this humble litte brick would be this appreciated. :)