Model Cars Magazine Forum

'67 Camaro vacation project

Can-Con

I painted this Revell Camaro back about a year and 1/2 ago and it got put away because of the 2018 flood.

I hadn't worked on it since but took it out and looked at it a couple times so I decided it would be a good little project to finish up while on vacation.

Paint is Scale Finished Emerald Turquoise inside and out with Testors clearcoat. on the body.

I'm very impressed on how well the windows fit. Not only is there a step for the glass to fit into, the glass is also stepped so it fits almost flush on the outside. Even after foil and paint, it still fits perfectly.

The version I'm building is the Nikey car with the dual quad intake. Not really a fan so I found a nice single 4bbl intake instead. Also not keen on the undersize look of the wheels so I'm swapping in a set of TTs from one of the '32 Ford kits.

I've got 6 days left of vacation but there's other things I have to do around the house so we'll see if I can actually finish it by the end of the weekend or not. LOL

IMG 2475

IMG 2474

IMG 2473

IMG 2470

IMG 2471

IMG 2469

Very nice kit. Great detail. The only things I added were the flocking, some foil and the photo etch steering wheel spokes and center and the pe dash knobs.

Looks like I have to snap the back of the driver's seat a bit tighter though. ;)

IMG 2480

IMG 2479

IMG 2478

IMG 2477

IMG 2476

46 minutes ago, Nitrobarry said:

Pardon the Rookie question but, was the flocking already colored or did you tint it in some way? Looking great so far by the way.

It's already colored but I did spray the floor with the same aqua I used on the rest of the interior before I applied it. 

1 hour ago, Modlbldr said:

Where did you get the PE wheel and dash knobs? Looking great!

Later-

Model Car Garage. It was intended for the AMT kit but most of the stuff works just as well on the Revell kit.

The only problem with the PE set is all 4 of the CAMARO scripts for the front fenders were "short shot". There was another small sheet included with some more scripts but they were not usable either. I did e-mail MCG about it years ago when I got the set but never got a response. That would have been roughly 10 years ago now.  I really would have liked to have had those to use on this car but I guess I'll make do with the decals in the kit.

• 3 weeks later...