Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 AMT '65 Chevelle Surf Wagon

Casey

5 hours ago, chepp said:

That's true. I think that if I was going in that direction I'd make a phantom '66 2DW. Here's a link to a real one for sale: http://www.2040-cars.com/Chevrolet/Chevelle/1966-chevrolet-chevelle-2-door-wagon-w-454-fresh-engine-400-turbo-trans-427566/

I'm guessing that it was made from an El Camino.

I did just that a few years ago using the Revell ''66 Chevelle 4 door wagon. I used the El Camino get for a guide on door size and B Pillar shape and location. The door lines had to be redrawn and the old lines filled. I raised the window sill level where the rear door was to match the appearance of the 1:1 '64 & '65 Chevelle 2 door wagon. The B Pillar was made using the back side of the second door on both sides and all of the molding details line up pretty well. The last side post was piece of spruce and I used the clear plastic from a new dress shirt for the side windows. As for a 1:1 '66 Chevelle wagon, there was a national Chevelle owner's meeting and show in the area a couple of years ago. One owner created his own by using a 2 door Chevelle body shell and then added '66 Chevelle front sheet metal and modify the tail light area to match the correct Tail lights. All of the interior and exterior trim was '66 Chevelle specific including Lemonwood Yellow paint and the tutone beige interior. You would have to know that Chevrolet didn't build a '66 2 door to know this wasn't a showroom restoration.  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...