Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hard to Handle

I built this about 1993-94(?) while working away from home, living in a friend's spare bedroom in Alaska. I don't know much about drag racing or the history of so it may not be very accurate. There was an article in Car Modeler mag or SAE highlighting a similar simple build. Since I didn't have my normal build area and had limited parts but an itch to build something, I threw this together. I used the engine and wheels from the Miss Deal and a spare body and bed. Scratchbuilt frame. Basic wiring and plumbing was used and I finished it! It sat in my garage model room after moving to WA state and I soon noticed that the heat shrink the steering wheel and messed up the wheel edges. May be time for a repair/rebuild soon.

Later-

IMG_20190717_065237151_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190717_065302944_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190717_065324318.jpg

IMG_20190717_065347318_HDR.jpg

Thanks fellas! I wasn't expecting that nice of a reception with this one. I finally brought it out of the garage this morning and washed it off. Lots of dust on it. I think I'll just replace the steering wheel on this and put it on the shelf with the rest of my builds. I think it would be a bad idea to rebuild it. This (and another build of mine) actually made a trip to GSL one year with a friend of mine who was going. I couldn't go. I'd hate to lose that history with it.

Thanks again guys.

Later-