Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 AMT '53 Ford Victoria

Casey

The only thing I disliked about the kit was the Flathead/Fordomatic drive train. Mine has the Cadillac engine and trans. from the AMT '49 Ford kit. This is in keeping with the early '50's theme of the build.  

5 hours ago, alexis said:

I wonder if it comes with the Coke Machine? (or the Girl!!)

I'd guess "maybe" on the Coke machine and a big "nope" on the girl figure.  Though getting the girl would be nice.  I think this issue is mostly aimed at the Coke memorabilia collectors. The box art is really eye-catching and will look great on the shelf. Or in the display case.

4 hours ago, Motor City said:

I have the '53 convertible and 4-door promos, and the detail is pretty good.  I'd like to see a '54 with the plexiglass roof.

Long ago, I think an eBay seller offered a resin '54 Ford body with the clear roof.  Whoever they were, I got a '54 Mercury Sun Valley from them. It came with the body and piece of clear vac-formed plastic for the ceiling.

Here's a resin '54 Ford hardtop, if you can cut your own sunroof.  Not sure if it's still available, but you might find one on eBay.

http://www.rocketfin.com/resin_product.cfm?id=3512

On 7/17/2019 at 5:45 PM, SfanGoch said:

Still available. Actually, it's a '54 Mercury Sun Valley:

http://www.resinrealm.net/Star/STAR Models/54_Mercury_Sun_Valley.html

image.png.92a6d1ee15219873eb9e09788a1c66b2.png

image.png.da9818ace34eee3bcb84f4dd5f27c440.png

image.png.fc17baa5fae8ec25e2a995289cdc9d4b.png

The owner of Resin Model Ranch purchased all of the R&R Resin masters and is planning to recast them all.

It's nice to have a resin kit available of so many different cars, but without chrome plated bumpers and wheelcovers or hubcaps, I'm not interested in buying.  I think a lot more resin kits would be sold if you could buy a complete kit without resorting to taking parts out of another kit to get something almost correct.  Oh, well.

I have two of the convertible kits and two hardtop kits, all Lindberg, plus I have picked up a couple of plastic bags of parts at swap meets and have a Resin 4-door from Star.  These kits are very well detailed and fun to build, at least the two I have in work right now are fun.

The fenderless one is going to be a short track modified.  The red one is for my wife, she has always wanted a red convertible.   However it is in its fourth or fifth paint job.  The first try came out very respectable, just a couple of dust specks.  When I decided to clear it I found a can of "clear pearl" so decided to use that, it turned the car a god-awful pink, haven't been able to get a decent paint job since.

DSC00305.JPG

DSC00304.JPG

On 7/17/2019 at 5:45 PM, SfanGoch said:

The owner of Resin Model Ranch purchased all of the R&R Resin masters and is planning to recast them all.

Wonder if he's going to fix the assymetry and other various inaccuracies with some of them...