Model Cars Magazine Forum

Italeri 68 Fiat 500F 1/12 scale

Redisetta

This is my first attempt at large scale. This was a very tough one for me to build. As hard as I tried I couldn’t get the steering assembly to work. I was able to get the front and rear springs to function though. I also gave up on getting the front seats to fold forward and I couldn’t figure out the cloth sunroof. The instructions are kinda vague in most steps also. I buggered up the drivers door assembly so I ordered a new one directly from Italeri  That was a bit of a challenge in itself I ended up calling them (in Italy) and ordered a complete driver door assembly and all they charged me was $8.00 for the shipping— no charge for the parts  I must say I was very impressed with the customer service  The lady even spoke fluent English  lol  All and all I really enjoyed the challenge of building this kit even with the issues I had  My kits are far from perfect and I build for pure fun and then they go in a case where hardly anyone sees them lol  

thanks for looking 

Ray

BAEF9D9E-7B19-4C64-9FEC-174EBFBB3195.jpeg

E50F2488-A73A-4702-8109-11AB141F79FC.jpeg

96505409-7999-453E-8E70-534B4C917976.jpeg

D605D927-2494-4CED-966C-25778D7FBDCC.jpeg

A6ABAAB5-F7A4-4841-970C-E7DD36179045.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Everything fit together well. As I said earlier it’s just a matter of deciphering the instructions. I found myself doing a lot of test fitting before hand. I had the model sitting on a half wall separating the kitchen from the living room where I always put them upon completion to kinda show them off, hoping for some compliments. lol. As it was sitting there the more I looked at it the more pleased I was. It really has a lot of detail which really makes it stand out. It’s now in its glass case in the basement and on to the next model which is MPCs 1/8 scale Stingray bicycle that I got in the mail yesterday from Model Roundup. Another Big Boyz for me. A little easier on these old eyes than the 1/24 I’m used to  

• 4 weeks later...