Model Cars Magazine Forum

Duplicolor Perfect Match Spray Paint Chart

For your reference, I present a spreadsheet table with all of the Duplicolor Touch Up spray paints that I could find. I have columns for basic color, the actual color name, the manufacturer's paint code, Duplicolor's paint code, and pictures of both the can and a vehicle in that color. I figure if you like using the Duplicolor sprays (like I do), then this is an easy way to see approximately how the colors compare. I've found that when you open it, you have to slowly scroll down to let the images load, otherwise it either takes forever or freezes.

Duplicolor Touchup Spray Reference Chart

Edited by Jordan White

Jordan, THANK YOU for posting this. As a DupliColor guy this is invaluable. Kudos to you for taking the time, which I would think was considerable, to do this. Much appreciated!

I scrolled down at about two at a time. It did take a little while to load, but well worth it. This is the first post on here that I put on as following.

I was able to scrounge up the Duplicolor full chart that they no longer list on their site. It seems like they don't carry many paints for cars older than maybe the 90s so they wouldn't have it. This place says they have a 3oz spray can of Phoenician Yellow however, so it's worth a shot for you @RAT-T

Edit: just noticed it's not in stock, looks like it was a Model Master paint that was discontinued. You would probably need to get a larger can from a site like automotivetouchup.com, but it's gonna be $20 for that.

Edited by Jordan White

Tom  Rat-T,

The Testors PHOENICIAN YELLOW  TEStors #28102 is available at any hobby shop that sells Testors paints. If it's not on the shelf, just ask to have it ordered. 

I order the Testors automotive lacquer paints from Hobby Town. 

Hobby Lobby also sells the lacquer paints (use the 40% off coupon to save some $$$).

Testors  web site :   https://www.testors.com/product-catalog/testors-brands/model-master/auto-lacquer-paint/sprays

when the color chart displays, just place the cursor on the color for the specific name. 

I have painted with just about all the colors and they are all great. They do require a clear coat for a modern finish. 

Testors high Gloss lacquer clear # 28139 – Ultra Gloss Clearcoat 3 oz Spray

Also have used Duplicolor Clear. 

larry 

On 7/24/2019 at 12:25 AM, davysmodels said:

Tom  Rat-T,

The Testors PHOENICIAN YELLOW  TEStors #28102 is available at any hobby shop that sells Testors paints. If it's not on the shelf, just ask to have it ordered. 

I order the Testors automotive lacquer paints from Hobby Town. 

Hobby Lobby also sells the lacquer paints (use the 40% off coupon to save some $$$).

Testors  web site :   https://www.testors.com/product-catalog/testors-brands/model-master/auto-lacquer-paint/sprays

when the color chart displays, just place the cursor on the color for the specific name. 

I have painted with just about all the colors and they are all great. They do require a clear coat for a modern finish. 

Testors high Gloss lacquer clear # 28139 – Ultra Gloss Clearcoat 3 oz Spray

Also have used Duplicolor Clear. 

larry 

THANKS FOR THE LINK LARRY, I FOUND TWO CANS OF THIS COLOR HIDING IN A BOX WITH A BUNCH OF OTHER COLORS I FORGOT I BOUGHT :) BUT IT DOES SEEM EVERYONE IS SELLING OUT OF THAT COLOR.

On 7/18/2019 at 2:41 PM, Jordan White said:

I was able to scrounge up the Duplicolor full chart that they no longer list on their site. It seems like they don't carry many paints for cars older than maybe the 90s so they wouldn't have it. This place says they have a 3oz spray can of Phoenician Yellow however, so it's worth a shot for you @RAT-T

Edit: just noticed it's not in stock, looks like it was a Model Master paint that was discontinued. You would probably need to get a larger can from a site like automotivetouchup.com, but it's gonna be $20 for that.

Not big on Krylon paint but try Krylon Fusion light yellow..I used it on a 63 Chev which I'll show..Its got Duplicolor Acrylic Enamel Clear on it polished..It might work..

1962 Plymouth and 1963 Chev at model meeting April 28,2019,Check out the shine.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, moparfarmer said:

Not big on Krylon paint but try Krylon Fusion light yellow..I used it on a 63 Chev which I'll show..Its got Duplicolor Acrylic Enamel Clear on it polished..It might work..

1962 Plymouth and 1963 Chev at model meeting April 28,2019,Check out the shine.jpg

LOOKS NICE WAYNE, I'LL CHECK THAT OUT AS WELL

21 hours ago, davysmodels said:

The testors PHOENICIAN  Yellow is almost the same as GM Butternut Yellow. Many Chevy's  (65 thru 67) are this color. 

I always use a white primer under the P-yellow. 

Color reference charts   

http://www.autocolorlibrary.com/

Another great reference website. Thanks!

On 7/18/2019 at 2:35 PM, RAT-T said:

GREAT JOB JORDAN, CAN I ASK WHICH WEBSITE YOU GOT THIS FROM, I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR A 64 FORD COLOR "PHOENICIAN YELLOW" I TRIED LOOKING IT UP, BUT IT KEEPS SHOWING A COLOR THAT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE

I will add to the list of thank yous... especially for the samples of each color, as they don’t always match the cap.

Rat-T, for a color like that, go to automotivetouchup.com.  You put in the make and year, and it will give you every color available.  Twelve ounce spray cans are $19.99 each, and their clearcoat is $10 a can.  FANTASTIC paint.  I bought some Verdoro Green from them and some 1954 Mercedes B396 Blue for my 300SL build.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2019 at 4:12 PM, RAT-T said:

THANKS JORDAN, I'LL CHECK OUT THE OTHER SITE, THERE USE TO BE A PLACE CALLED KEYSTONE THAT WOULD MIX UP A SPRAY CAN FOR YOU, BUT I CAN'T SEEM TO FIND THEM, MAYBE THEY WENT UNDER.

Tom, Custom Aerosol on Central St. in Leominster will mix  that for you. Your choice of 2-oz bottle for an airbrush or spray can. Nice people to deal with. They do need a couple of hours to a day for older colors, however.

Charlie Larkin

12 hours ago, charlie8575 said:

Tom, Custom Aerosol on Central St. in Leominster will mix  that for you. Your choice of 2-oz bottle for an airbrush or spray can. Nice people to deal with. They do need a couple of hours to a day for older colors, however.

Charlie Larkin

THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP CHARLIE,  I KNEW THERE WAS A PLACE LIKE THAT IN THAT AREA, BUT THOUGHT THEY WENT OUT OF BUSINESS A WHILE BACK. WENT FOR A RIDE TODAY & FOUND IT, LOOKS LIKE IT'S IN A GUY'S HOUSE.

TOM

4 hours ago, RAT-T said:

THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP CHARLIE,  I KNEW THERE WAS A PLACE LIKE THAT IN THAT AREA, BUT THOUGHT THEY WENT OUT OF BUSINESS A WHILE BACK. WENT FOR A RIDE TODAY & FOUND IT, LOOKS LIKE IT'S IN A GUY'S HOUSE.

TOM

Yep. Nice people. I get paint from there occasionally. D&G Auto Body Supply on Lunenburg St. in Fitchburg will also mix paint if you prefer PPG. Advance Auto Parts in downtown Gardner handles Nason and Chroma.

Charlie Larkin

11 hours ago, charlie8575 said:

Yep. Nice people. I get paint from there occasionally. D&G Auto Body Supply on Lunenburg St. in Fitchburg will also mix paint if you prefer PPG. Advance Auto Parts in downtown Gardner handles Nason and Chroma.

Charlie Larkin

CHARLIE, I KNOW ABOUT D&G, BUT I'VE NEVER BEEN IN THERE. WILL THEY MIX UP SMALL AMOUNTS OF PAINT LIKE CUSTOM AEROSOL?

ALSO, TRIED TO SEND YOU A PM, BUT IT SAID YOU CAN'T RECEIVE THEM.

On 8/13/2019 at 9:38 AM, RAT-T said:

CHARLIE, I KNOW ABOUT D&G, BUT I'VE NEVER BEEN IN THERE. WILL THEY MIX UP SMALL AMOUNTS OF PAINT LIKE CUSTOM AEROSOL?

ALSO, TRIED TO SEND YOU A PM, BUT IT SAID YOU CAN'T RECEIVE THEM.

Hi, Tom. Sorry for the delay.

Yes, they'll do touch-up bottles. 2 oz about $9-11, depending on color.

Charlie Larkin