Model Cars Magazine Forum

Thanx guys, I appreciate the great comments! This was a "just for fun" type build that somehow came out a bit better than I expected. It almost fell together. Here's a chassis photo. It's the '36 with all of the floor pan and molded in details removed. It actually makes a decent chassis once it's cleaned up.

32821884717_21b4fb9594_h.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Having looked at both kits I think you may be over simplifying this conversion for us Plowboy. Out of the box the front of the ‘37 cowl doesn’t match the ‘36 hood sides and the raised detail at the bottom of the cab seems to have the profile of the ‘36, yet the door shape remains ‘37. Do you have any ‘ in progress’ photos of the build to show us the magic happens ? Many thanks.

On 9/1/2019 at 11:30 AM, crossfire 2004 said:

Having looked at both kits I think you may be over simplifying this conversion for us Plowboy. Out of the box the front of the ‘37 cowl doesn’t match the ‘36 hood sides and the raised detail at the bottom of the cab seems to have the profile of the ‘36, yet the door shape remains ‘37. Do you have any ‘ in progress’ photos of the build to show us the magic happens ? Many thanks.

I agree ...

On 9/1/2019 at 11:30 AM, crossfire 2004 said:

I tried to copy and paste a link to the build thread. But, for some reason, I can't copy and paste a link with my tablet. So, go to trakinscale.proboards.com, find the bench section, go to the second page and you'll find it. It will explain the details. This is the only progress photo I have left. 

47531131111_a8ce2b348f_b.jpg

Thanks Plowboy, I kinda guessed that is what you had done, now I’m even more impressed with the finished truck. 

Unfortunately you have now created another problem by directing me to a forum that until now, I was blissfully unaware existed,  I now have to spend even more time surfing the web rather than building. Thanks !

9 hours ago, Plowboy said:

I tried to copy and paste a link to the build thread. But, for some reason, I can't copy and paste a link with my tablet. So, go to trakinscale.proboards.com, find the bench section, go to the second page and you'll find it. It will explain the details. This is the only progress photo I have left. 

47531131111_a8ce2b348f_b.jpg

A lot of the pics aren't showing up on my end.... But this is the link...

http://trakinscale.proboards.com/thread/18891/ford-phantom-pickup-finished-pic

• 4 weeks later...