Model Cars Magazine Forum

Need photos of oversized plug wires

18 hours ago, fiatboy said:

Well, I for one enjoyed this whole thread!LOL

Thread?!  You mean "heavy gauge wire", right?  We haven't used thread as for wire for quite some time now. :D

Actually, if those geniuses used thread instead of that "scale wire", it would actually be closer to scale.

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 3:21 PM, Oldschool4x4 said:

So, what would you recommend for cloth covered plug wires?    and what dia. do you recommend for 10.5mm plug wires?

Possibly braided fishing line?  10.5 divided by 25 equals 0.42mm.

Great comments too.

"The plug wires are out of scale my friend. It doesn't look right"

And the reply: "i think its because in the video he has a hemi"

Edited by Draggon

On 7/21/2019 at 8:56 PM, StevenGuthmiller said:

I have to congratulate someone who can wire a V-8 engine with this size wire!

It takes a talented individual to be able to stuff 8 wires of that size into a 1/25th scale distributor!!! :o

Seriously, the wire he used is too large to be used even for heater hose! :D

Steve

A top fuel dragster wire isn’t even nearly as large in scale as some of the wires these street engines have. 

On 7/22/2019 at 4:21 PM, Oldschool4x4 said:

So, what would you recommend for cloth covered plug wires?    and what dia. do you recommend for 10.5mm plug wires?

For replicating the fabric covered plug wires on model T Ford engines I use plastic coated wire and paint it with flat acrylics after installation.If you divide 10.5 mm by 25 tells me that .42 mm would be the 1/25 scale equivalent.

Edited by misterNNL
Forgotten details

18 hours ago, misterNNL said:

For replicating the fabric covered plug wires on model T Ford engines I use plastic coated wire and paint it with flat acrylics after installation.If you divide 10.5 mm by 25 tells me that .42 mm would be the 1/25 scale equivalent.

So; .016 in inch's....thanks

6 hours ago, El Roberto said:

Not to mention the chrome carbs. 

Oh, we're not even discussing the bad overall technique under those wires.

If we were, we could discuss the red engine block, the chrome intake, carbs and valve covers and the silver paint all worn off of the other surfaces from him fumbling around on those ridiculous plug wires with his big old hams! :rolleyes:

Steve

2 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Oh, we're not even discussing the bad overall technique under those wires.

If we were, we could discuss the red engine block, the chrome intake, carbs and valve covers and the silver paint all worn off of the other surfaces from him fumbling around on those ridiculous plug wires with his big old hams! :rolleyes:

Steve

If only we could all be as good as you Steve.

People like you take the fun and enjoyment out of the hobby.

Mr, I, me, mine. Get over yourself.

No offense, Luke; it's one thing to do your own thing and enjoy it. It's something all together to do something that rough and pretend to be good enough to teach others. Others learn from your mistakes and think they're doing good, then they come up against someone with real skill and get butt-hurt when they get tromped. I learned long ago that I sucked at building contest models, so I turned to building for my own enjoyment. And I also learned to NOT try and teach others my crappy build skills........

Edited by MarvinGardens
Seems I can't build models, or spell worth a lick either!

2 hours ago, Cool Hand said:

If only we could all be as good as you Steve.

People like you take the fun and enjoyment out of the hobby.

Mr, I, me, mine. Get over yourself.

Are you serious?

Wow, someone has a little bit of a chip on his shoulder!

You don't know me, and I don't know you, nor do I want to.

Sorry, but I know garbage when I see it, as everyone else who has commented on this thread.

You're not going to single them out?

Oh well, I guess if I'm taking the fun out of it for you, maybe you should quit.

I'm not going to.

Not going anywhere my friend. ;)

Steve

Ok folks, enough is enough and this is way too much. All the models I built as a kid are gone. Sometimes I miss them, but then I realize I’m doing way better now and they would just be an embarrassment. Let’s be kind and assume that people are doing the best they can. If they’re having fun, great. Let’s leave it at that.