Model Cars Magazine Forum

2015 Bullitt

KWT

18 hours ago, mrmike said:

That's interesting, Jeremy.  I built one as a tribute to the late Robert Urich of Spenser For Hire fame.  I may have used the same paint!

SFH01.JPG

Ha! I remember seeing that now. Looks awesome! I wish I had added the headlight detail...

3 hours ago, KWT said:

Ha! I remember seeing that now. Looks awesome! I wish I had added the headlight detail...

Adding the headlight detail was easy, but you have to find the left and right headlight pictures and resize them to fit the model headlights.  I was fortunate enough to be able to find the left AND right headlight pictures of the same car on Goggle Images.  Use a little thinner and remove the silver paint on the lens and add your picture with some gloss clear to hold the picture.

21 hours ago, mrmike said:

Adding the headlight detail was easy, but you have to find the left and right headlight pictures and resize them to fit the model headlights.  I was fortunate enough to be able to find the left AND right headlight pictures of the same car on Goggle Images.  Use a little thinner and remove the silver paint on the lens and add your picture with some gloss clear to hold the picture.

Thanks for the info, Mike! You are always a wealth of knowledge. I'm definitely going to have to remember this, as I may want to tackle another one of these in the future.