Model Cars Magazine Forum

*AMT 1953 F-100 : Let's See Them !

The AMT 1953 F-100 is one of my all-time favourite kits . It is amazing that its tooling has managed to stay in such great condition , esp. since it's been reissued ad infinitum since c.1962 ! 

I would love to see my fellow enthusiasts' builds of this iconic kit --- share them here !

We have several business fails to thank for this!

1. Back in the day, before computerized design, we overbuilt everything because we didn't know any better.  Figure a model kit was going to be issued for a season or two and they made this tool that survives some 50 years in constant production!

2. Bad to no inventory control!  Back in the day, they just tossed obsolete tooling into a warehouse. No accounting, no bar code identifying it.  Business today tracks the cost and depreciated value of every asset.  Anything that's not producing enough to justify it's space on the pallet rack, would efficiently go out as scrap!

and thank God for this!  We still have a good amount of the kits that we remember from our youth!

Made this many years ago. Closet Ford and only pick up to the Sanford & Son truck, Shot with Testor's red rattle can and then shot from above with flat red to give a sun faded paint job, Added different mismatched rims and tires bent up a sting ray bike, some concrete blocks, and Julio's goat

2v2ELhntLxwhifW.jpg

greg

On 7/23/2019 at 6:12 AM, Gramps46 said:

Oh what the heck, might as well toss this one in.  It began life as a F100.

Very creative work Gramps!  The '53's are a natural for  chassis and special body upgrades! Still need to finish this one,  big mirrors and  a flatbed  are in the works.

IMG_0246.JPG

IMG_0243.JPG

Edited by leafsprings

These are fantastic , guys ! I really like the F-250 and F-350 conversions ; I wonder how those would look with the custom parts from the kit ? 

Keep them coming ! I'll eventually get around to snapping some pics of the one that I built back in 2004 ...

This one is from the early 90's, all could find was 1 b/w pic. truck was lemon yellow, blue frame and interior accents. Still have all the body parts to put it back together one day. oops, didnt see the AMT, this one had the tilt front end

2019-07-25_16-37-12_768.jpg

Edited by signguy2108
correct info