Model Cars Magazine Forum

Big Lebowski Torino

1320wayne

Here's my most recent completed build. Our family attorney and friend is a huge fan of the movie "The Big Lebowski". He has so much movie memorabilia in his office so I decided to surprise him by building the Dude's Torino. Mind you, this build is not even close to 100% accurate but I did the best job that I could to replicate the car. It's the wrong year but I started with the Revell Starsky and Hutch kit and converted the body to four doors. I added the weathering to the best of my ability. The only body damage done was to tweak the hood and remove all but one of the door handles. I didn't do anything fancy with the suspension as it will never be seen and I did build the engine that comes in the kit even though I'm sure the car in the movie would have been a simple base, small displacement engine. It won't be seen anyways. It was a rather simple build, other than the door conversion and I'm pretty happy with the results. 

20190720_091521-vi.jpg

20190720_091501-vi.jpg

20190720_091446-vi.jpg

20190720_091430-vi.jpg

20190720_091416-vi.jpg

9 hours ago, Dave Van said:

Looks great to me!!!! Care to share how you did the 4 door woek??? I plan to build one too......using a JoHan 72 rear bumper. thx

I actually started building this as a two door. Once I got far enough along i decided that it just wouldn't look right unless I added the back door. I cut away enough material from the b-pillar to to get the right look of the back door window area and then drew out the new door line based on pics found on the internet. In this pic you can still see the original door line, which I filled in after scribing the new lines. I also cut away the door handle, filled it in and drilled out the new location for the handle on the back door. 

20190408_101037-vi.jpg