Model Cars Magazine Forum
1967RMP

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang - less than 1/1 scale

Man oh man this is cool, well done John.  This is coming together very well, love it.  Sure hope you post the finished model.  LOL

In the home stretch now! I added woodgrain and painted the hood silver, as well as pinstriping.. The horn, spare, exhaust system, and basket were popped on. I still have to put on the windscreen frame, lights, and license plate, plus a few more little details. I still have to figure out the wings, but hopefully I'll be done with everything else by tomorrow night, because I have to move on to other props.

IMG_0593.JPG

IMG_0594.JPG

IMG_0595.JPG

IMG_0596.JPG

IMG_0597.JPG

It's FINALLY done! (Well, except for the wings, which I still have to figure out.) This has been a labor of love, and even though I enjoyed every minute of it, it's time for me to move on. Thank you for following my progress and all the nice compliments!

IMG_0605.thumb.JPG.84fe151fe45bd7ecd6317677913fdf9a.JPGIMG_0604.thumb.JPG.12f8a514638bc597f23ad9682161d990.JPGIMG_0602.thumb.JPG.569959eecc882cbe239d9e9697dc285d.JPGIMG_0601.thumb.JPG.fa2257206e9a19d3ba85eb749ddbd903.JPGIMG_0600.thumb.JPG.d703d0ad07d730f14fbeac835f707f31.JPG

I FINALLY figured out the retractable wings! And on the night before the show opened. What's more,  I just found out a school wants to buy it for their presentation. So I'm glad someone else wants to use it after we're done - I don't want to see it dismantled.

IMG_0608.JPG

48762950796_bd7458ad5b_k.jpg

So awesome! 

I wish my mind would work like yours once in awhile.  

👍

22 hours ago, Sam I Am said:

So awesome! 

I wish my mind would work like yours once in awhile.  

👍

Thanks!

This is so awesome!!  Great job on manufacturing a great rendition of a unique vehicle. Love it!!

That is soooo beyond cool!   I'm happy it will be preserved.  Maybe bring it to a car show or two?

Bring it to a model show and win the "Large Scale" category?  🙂

Edited by Tom Geiger

What an amazing piece of work!  Scratchbuilding at its very best!  What is really impressive is that you totally captured the look of the original, the proportions, the stance, all the things you look for in a replica in any scale, using totally unrelated components and materials.  I will bet it looked awesome on stage!

Cheers

Alan

Great work .I'm glad it will be of further use once the play is over. Thanks for sharing your talent and passion with us.

22 hours ago, misterNNL said:

Great work .I'm glad it will be of further use once the play is over. Thanks for sharing your talent and passion with us.

Thanks!