Model Cars Magazine Forum

WIP: Old School Chopper "Voodoo Rider"

Stingray69

I originally was going to do a full out modern custom but I can't get the old school them out of my head. I'll be detailing it much more than my other chopper, this one will have brake, oil lines, etc...

The fender was bobbed and then round off at the edges.... paint is Stop Light Red Metallic. The frame is the same color and is drying as I type.

IMG_0044.jpg

The engine is the kit engine with some black wash. I'll be adding plug wires later.

IMG_0036.jpg

Here's the skull air cleaner that I added too... I decided to add a back to the head. I'll paint it white with some cracks in it... still needs some clean up though. It won't be the handle bar riser anymore.

IMG_0041.jpg

And here is the custom sissy bar I scratched from aluminum. I polished it to look like chrome.. tough to tell in these pics though.

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0039.jpg

The tank will be the short tank that came with the kit. I'll be painting it all chrome. The only thing that remains undecided is the front... I really want a springer but cannot find one.... we'll see what happens.

Looking good Stingray!!! The stoplight red makes a nice color coat eh? lol. I've done a coupla cars using both Stoplight Red Turnsignal Amber. The skull looks awesome...did it come in the kit? the sissy bar looks good, can't wait to see it on there. You going with the wire wheels or the mags?

Ben Kenobi!

Ben the skull is from the kit, I just added the back to it.

Here's the latest. I got the tank chromed.... I used Dupli-Color Chrome on it.

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

I also redid the the oil tank. The orignal piece was in halves and left you with an ugly crack. So I used some brass tube, drilled holes to mount it and for the oil lines. The ends of it were from the kit. Then it was all chromed with Dupli-Color again.

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

...the engine, trans, oil tank on the frame. I also attatched the sissy bar and rear fender.

IMG_0058.jpg