Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1976 Chevy Step Side 4x4 Pickup

I got this in the mail today, straight re-issue of previous kit with what appears to be new decals including dashboard, interior, seatbelt and wood bed sets!

I will be getting to this build later this summer but glad to have this kit again. 

IMG_0209.jpg

20 minutes ago, Atmobil said:

Cool boxart, I want one. I assume that this is a reissue of this one:

Nope. This is a reissue of kit issued long ago under the Monogram label. It shares a lot with the recent plow truck (different bed) and has a nice set of GM Truck rally wheels. It also has a stock intake manifold instead of the silly set up from the plow truck. The decals are very nice and detailed.

6 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

Nope. This is a reissue of kit issued long ago under the Monogram label. It shares a lot with the recent plow truck (different bed) and has a nice set of GM Truck rally wheels. It also has a stock intake manifold instead of the silly set up from the plow truck. The decals are very nice and detailed.

Yes, that is the kit that I was linking too. I don't know why the game hunter truck picture came up as it is at the back of the thread.

Looks like this one is the first issue of that kit from 1977
2228.jpg

And this is the second issue of the step side from 1980:
2264.JPG

And here is the last issue of the stepside, from 1992:
2963.JPG

I'm going to get my hands on this one. It's the only sqaurebody tooling I so far don't have in my collection. I got the GMC plowtruck and the Madmudder Blazer. I have been thinking of getting the Game truck aswell but so far have not bought it. I also have the old MPC trucks and the old Revell 1:25 tooling. Looking forward to seeing this one:)

It is a very nice kit, fir it's time. It shares the chassis, engine, and cab with the GMC Plowtruck. It will make a nice source for kit bashing with the Big Game and Plow Trucks, as the grilles and beds (and intakes) are direct drop-in fits for all of them. Those are really sharp representations of the Rallye Wheels as well. I am hoping that the Rollbar, and lights made it into this kit. I'll be getting at least two of these.

I think the Box Art is Great! It should sell many kits. Hopefully this will shake loose the long lost GMC shortbed ,stepside at Round2.

40 minutes ago, alexis said:

It is a very nice kit, fir it's time. It shares the chassis, engine, and cab with the GMC Plowtruck. It will make a nice source for kit bashing with the Big Game and Plow Trucks, as the grilles and beds (and intakes) are direct drop-in fits for all of them. Those are really sharp representations of the Rallye Wheels as well. I am hoping that the Rollbar, and lights made it into this kit. I'll be getting at least two of these.I think the Box Art is Great! It should sell many kits. Hopefully this will shake loose the long lost GMC shortbed ,stepside at Round2.

Rollbar and lights are in the kit, along with the spare tire carrier for the tailgate. This is a great truck kit and am glad it's back.

13 minutes ago, alexis said:

Ohhh! That is even better. Man, I am itching to get one of these now. I cannot wait to see pics of this one.

What do you want to see pics of? I have the kit and have opened the box, it is a nice kit.

Great Decals. Those White stripes will go with many darker colours. The Bedstrips are nice too.The Chrome tree is exactly as I remembered. It even has the winch for under the front bumper.Get the GMC Snow Plow Truck and you can have you choice of Chevy or GMC, Stepside or Smoothside 4x4s. Lots of fun to be had here. These truck are simplified, but practically fall together, so they will make great Slump-Busters.

I have two unbuilt in the stash. So, I doubt I'll get another one. With the two versions of the GMC and now this Chevy, I wonder when or if Revell will reissue the Blazer? They could offer another version of the Chevy with the Big Game axles,  shocks, wheels and tires later if they would do it. They could do the same with the Blazer. Another add on they could do with the Chevy is the snow plow.