Model Cars Magazine Forum

Car kits with street motorcycles 1/24,25 scale

I have been looking for a good street motorcycle in 1/24 or 25 scale. I am not looking for a performance bike like ninja or whatever but more like harley style bike.

I bought the f150 kit with the harley in it but the harley I got is in bad shape like its warped and I cant get it to look good. It was too expensive to buy another to try again

Is there any that are reasonable priced still available? It doesn't need to be a harley brand, just that style.

Any help would be very appreciated 

I had a hard time finding any other 1/24-25 motorcycle kits so I ended up getting Maisto 1/24 diecast ones. They aren't great but aren't horrible either and have some potential I believe. There is another brand, I think its Araya or something similar, but they are hard to find and usually come from European sellers so they're pricey. They're better detailed than the Maisto versions but several times the cost. Search Ebay for 1/24 motorcycle and you'll find them.

As Brian had said, not much else out there, but here are a few I found searching Scalemates.com that are a "street" type bike that isn't a performance or chopper. 

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/revell-classic-bsa-and-triumph--1001594

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/amt-pp014-double-dirt-bike-motorcycle-and-accessories--1021014

And if you would want to go for a little more upscale, there is this one:

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/testors-jimmy-flintstone-468-jade-grenade--608969

Revell had a BSA and a couple Triumphs in their Parts Pack lineup, and AMT had a Triumph in an issue of their 63 Chevy pickup way back when. But they all bring $$$.

Rep and Min of Maryland offers an improved copy of the AMT Triumph in their catalog. I have one, it's very nicely done, as are all their products.

B-31

2 hours ago, Fat Brian said:

I had a hard time finding any other 1/24-25 motorcycle kits so I ended up getting Maisto 1/24 diecast ones. They aren't great but aren't horrible either and have some potential I believe. There is another brand, I think its Araya or something similar, but they are hard to find and usually come from European sellers so they're pricey. They're better detailed than the Maisto versions but several times the cost. Search Ebay for 1/24 motorcycle and you'll find them.

Airfix has a line of sportbikes in 1/24.  I had a Ducati kit for awhile but resold it before I had a chance to build it.  Seems like it wouldn't be hard to modify them to appear street legal.

s-l1600.jpg

The old 1/24 scale Tamiya "Campus Friends" figure set had a simple but nice Vespa-style scooter in it. And 5 figures in regular street clothes.  That set is often available on eBay for reasonable (and unreasonable) prices.

Here's a link to a build thread on here, showing exactly what the scooter looks like built up:

cam-fri.jpg

On 7/26/2019 at 8:51 AM, JJ Deuce said:

Airfix has a line of sportbikes in 1/24.  I had a Ducati kit for awhile but resold it before I had a chance to build it.  Seems like it wouldn't be hard to modify them to appear street legal.

s-l1600.jpg

I used to own a GSXR , so this one REALLY caught my attention

Ixo had a good line of 1/24 scale die cast bikes of various eras. I didn’t buy any of the really old or new bikes, but ones from the late ‘60s-mid ‘70s. I found some in a box during my garage cleanup, will try and post some photos later.

Some other bikes from the stash. 

A Hallmark Keepsake Harley-Davidson Christmas ornament....roughly 1/24 scale, a little toy-like but they might be acceptable depending on how fussy you are. 

Entex also marketed a line of 1/25 scale bike kits in the late 70's/early 80's era (?).  I've never built one, but judging by these two box art pics some looked OK, others not so much.

z2.JPG

z3.JPG

z5.JPG

Here's a link to a photo album with images of build-ups of a number of kits mentioned above plus some others not mentioned (i.e. the Honda 750 chopper in the MPC 1979/1980 Monte Carlo kit) ....  https://public.fotki.com/funman1712/tim-boyds-124th--12/boyd-scale-cycles-/

For what you are looking for, the F150/Harley kit DynaGlide is probably the best bet (even if you have to buy another kit), followed by the Replicas and Miniatures rebop of the 1962 Triumph Bonneville.   IIRC I did an article for Model Cars, circa 2006 or so, showing a showroom stock buildup of the Bonne....and also did an article showing how to detail the Dyna into a very sharp street bike replica.   

From the above album, here are a couple of shots of the Dyna and Bonne....much more at the link......good luck with your project.  TIM 

DSC 0440 AMT Triumph Bonneville Restored StockDSC 0711 R-M Harley Dyna Glide Concord Purple Factory Stock