Model Cars Magazine Forum

Leaving the forum

It's been a fun ride gang but reality has entered and i'm going back to Racing late model asphalt oval stock cars.

As seen in the pics below of our last car. 

We just had a local ford dealer pickup the tab on a Factory race prepared 351 Cleveland race block.

So my focus is back on the real cars. 

My model kit collection will be going up on fleabay soon. 

Again it's been fun but time marches on. 

Enjoy y'all 

IMG_20190722_152116.jpg

IMG_20190722_152132.jpg

Thanks gang i'll hang loose here. 

Sam Lebanon was just added back onto the Arca late model midwest tour schedule this year.

Ok when we get the car going again we're looking at 30-50 races a year will give y'all a schedule heads up for the 2020 season if we get the car done in time.

Bubba won't have the time to model as a Race car is like a wife they take up all your spare time ? lol. 

1930 as for the racing future been doing it off but more on since starting on the safety crew during the 1984-85 race seasons then in 1987 brother and i bought a mini stock datsun pl610 with an L20B running on Av-gas, then a Buick skylark street stock with a 350, then my first late model a Ford 1988 late model T-bird, updated in 1991 when a local beer distributor stepped up and funded our team under Budweiser it was a white car with red Bud logos & bottle opener herald until our partner sold everything out from under us in 1998 disappearing into the woodwork we lost everything. 

Then we got the red intrepid from Minnesota in 2005 updated it to the white bodied charger in 2007 had some health issue's losing everything again to pay off medical bills in 2016. 

So since the dodges are outdated because of no dodge parts support.

We'll be switching to the ford fusion body maybe see if we can run the mustang body if the rules will allow it.

Steve G getting old Ha i'm an 18 year old trapped in a 50 year old shell. 

AKA I refuse to grow up last weekend a friend agreed to loan me his back up car for this weekend. 

So hi-ho-hi-ho it's off to race (er bed) i go. 

Edited by NothingAsFineAsaW9

Think about it Bob.  

Went to a 1/4 mile bullring test session Wednesday using another drivers back up car.

OMG OMG  OMG ? was it a blast 3rd fastest overall average lap speed 98-101 mph. 

Was a Tyota though but still a blast even surprised some old friends that were shocked the olde man still has it hehehehehehehe. 

On 8/3/2019 at 1:25 AM, StevenGuthmiller said:

If it's really thrills that you seek Vince, you could try foiling a '58 Impala!

Nothing is scarier than that! :D

Steve

That's right...you could try foiling one during your pit stops. Keep the old adrenaline pumping during the lull between laps!!

(BTW...should an older modeler attempt foiling a '58 Impala if he has a pacemaker in his chest?)