Model Cars Magazine Forum

I built this originally a few years ago. But, never was really happy with the look. A couple of years ago, I got tired of looking at it and blew it apart for a complete revamp. Everything but the engine got repainted. I may not remember every modification I made. So, if I miss something, just ask. The frame has been Z'd and shortened in the rear. The front axle got moved forward. The kit engine was moderately detailed, velocity stacks are from aluminum tubing and I scratch built the headers. The top was chopped 3.5 scale inches, firewall smoothed and the bed was shortened. Topped with Tamiya Orange Metallic over Tamiya Gold with Pearl White scallops.

48391158102_363e82d9f9_h.jpg

48391008406_c2533b9979_h.jpg

48391143567_567a262703_h.jpg

48390996331_f17c724b36_h.jpg

48391122747_29cfdb4bc1_h.jpg

48390974616_f84386956c_h.jpg

48391118197_73ed60e837_b.jpg 

Thanx for checking it out! 

I remember this ones short lived appearance on TRAK. I really liked it then and I still do. To do any post-War truck without fenders and make it look right while still resembling what it started out as is no easy task. I think you nailed it. Proportions, stance, parts selection and color scheme are right-on! 

I’d love to see a full scale version. 

B)

Excellent rod,  very tastefully done. There are a couple of this style trucks running around my hometown.  I never really paid a whole lot of attention to them, but this one piques my interest and may change my mind on them.

Edited by TarheelRick

On 8/10/2019 at 11:58 PM, Dennis Lacy said:

I remember this ones short lived appearance on TRAK. I really liked it then and I still do. To do any post-War truck without fenders and make it look right while still resembling what it started out as is no easy task. I think you nailed it. Proportions, stance, parts selection and color scheme are right-on! 

I’d love to see a full scale version. 

B)

Thanx! Yeah, that went over about as well as a fart in church. Someday, I want to give the '50 Chevy a similar treatment.

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

That's sharp!  Like the cam, where did it come from?

Thanx! It's been a while since I built this the first time. I think I got it from Chuck Most maybe? I believe they were part of an engine parts pack. I actually took two to make this one because it was too short.