Model Cars Magazine Forum

Your Favorite Hot Wheels

Just about any '68-'72 spectaflame are my favourite ones. I've been photographing my collection recently, so here's the race team series "Heavyweights" with a hot pink 917. Although it looks red it's actually a candy fluorescent pink. I've got this casting in a number of colours and both US and Hong Kong castings.

I've have at least one casting variation of all the sprectaflame era Hot Wheels and a number of cars in every colour available to shown the "rainbow" of available colours. The only exception is a reproduction rear board Beach Bomb since I don't have five figures to spend for an original.

PSX_20171226_003204.jpg

Edited by Phirewriter

I especially like the 1968-70 "Spectraflame" versions. After that, they started coming out with weird and downright bizarre designs and I was at the point as a preteen that HW's were not interesting to me anymore.

BUT.....in the pic below, my all time favorite has to be the Sand Crab. I even have a couple plastic kits of that Hot Wheel (Monogram) and I'd like to someday turn it into a 1/24 scale version of it.

P9062642-vi.jpg

The Charger is now gone, much to my regret. I sold it a number of years ago and now I'd like another one. ;)

I have a bunch of others that are packed away..........mostly the 1968-70 ones.

1 hour ago, MrObsessive said:

Anyone remember Sizzlers??  I just ran across some old ones recently that I had and I cleaned the motors and contacts up and got them to run! How 'bout that! Now to dig out the "Fat Track" on the third floor and race 'em! :D

Suddenly it's 1970! :lol:

I had cars and a track.  They got me started on slot cars.

Image result for mattel sizzlers

Edited by afx

28 minutes ago, MrObsessive said:

JC, the ones I got to run are the Mustang and Camaro! I have the 'Cuda, but it's a reissue from back in the mid '00's from Target. That one still runs too-----I had some NICAD batteries that are still good and not leaking. ;)

None of my Sizzler cars or track survived Bill.  I do have a few of my original HO scale slot cars.  

Edited by afx

The first gen Chargers are my all time favorite muscle cars. When this was released about 19 years ago, I bought one. Thereafter I've been buying the same model every time it's realeased with a new paint job. I have collected about 20 so far. They are the only Hot Wheels I collect. Still looking for a few.

Image result for hot wheels 67 charger

On 7/28/2019 at 10:10 PM, Dave Van said:

Original mail order only Boss Hoss......yes I'm that old. 

I was in that Hot Wheels Collector Club with ya!   I still have my Boss Hoss too!

allthree-vi.jpg

Three of my original survivors.  The VWs were my race team. Short and heavy, they dropped like rocks down the track!